View this page "Online Adding / Editing Content"

Lakshmi

Jan 3, 2010, 7:22:57 AM1/3/10
to Hyde
This post is to begin brainstorming a workflow to dynamically add or
edit content in websites running hyde.

Click on http://groups.google.com/group/hyde-dev/web/online-adding-editing-content
- or copy & paste it into your browser's address bar if that doesn't
work.

pollux

Jan 3, 2010, 10:37:54 AM1/3/10
to Hyde
I really look forward to see that implemented! Is this git web
interface already existing or is it a prototype?

Lakshmi Vyasarajan

Jan 3, 2010, 10:50:55 AM1/3/10
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
There are a few open source ones available. However, it does not have to be a complete git interface since the operation can be performed on the FS and then committed via git commands. This would make it easier to work with other version control systems as well.

Thanks
Lakshmi
http://ringce.com
Slammer: http://ringce.com/slammer
Hyde: http://ringce.com/hyde

On Jan 3, 2010, at 21:07, pollux wrote:

> I really look forward to see that implemented! Is this git web
> interface already existing or is it a prototype?

Michael Biven

Jan 4, 2010, 3:22:28 AM1/4/10
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Lakshmi,

After using Hyde for myself and Lane (who would rather have a simple UI
to add, edit and publish from) I've been thinking along the same lines.
I wanted to separate the CMS (for creating, editing, approval) away from
actually serving the site. Having a website running the CMS with user
accounts and permissions allowing a person to create and / or edit
articles upload media (images, videos or audio files), pick from a list
of page templates and then have an approval / editorial process in place
before pushing out the static files to where the public site is hosted.

If you look at the number of people getting tired of constant patch
fixes, security updates and starting to look at static HTML generators.
Plus, the speed improvements from not having to render each page
(pulling form a database) even with whatever caching method they may
have in place.

Michael

--
Michael Biven

Web: http://biven.org
Project: http://thepostandreview.com/
Work: http://www.crowdscience.com/
Email: michae...@gmail.com
Mobile: 1-510-918-9827

Lakshmi Vyasarajan

Jan 4, 2010, 8:10:21 AM1/4/10
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. There are times where I want to quickly post something and have shied away from doing so because of the relatively complex workflow.

Will create a branch and a prototype this week. Please do keep the ideas, requirement, suggestions flowing.

-------------------------------------

Lakshmi

Jan 17, 2010, 2:14:49 PM1/17/10
to Hyde
I just checked in a version of clyde that has inched closer towards
being feature complete:
http://github.com/lakshmivyas/hyde/tree/clyde/clydeweb/

Please do let me know how you guys like it and anything else you want
to add , remove or change.

Thanks
Lakshmi.