Re: Method & CD

Michael Muskett

Jul 28, 2016, 6:49:18 AM7/28/16
to Ellen Rathbone
DearEllen, I’m afraid the HGmethod will not help you to solve  your technical difficulties.  You should complain to the maker. If a is not properly constructed and set up in the first place it can be difficult to improve.  Anther competent maker or n  experienced player may be able to help, but he must see the HG himself. And what is  wrong?  Who is the maker, BTW?
some things just can’t be done by post!  Best wishes. Michael
On 27 Jul 2016, at 23:48, Ellen Rathbone <erat...@dahlemcenter.org> wrote:

Is there any way I can send a check in dollars and then you get it converted at your bank?

Ellen

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Ellen Rathbone <erat...@dahlemcenter.org> wrote:
So, that would be $53.03 in US dollars.  I'm not sure how to send that, in pounds, but as soon as I can figure it out, I'll send it.  I don't do paypal. I'll see what the bank can do.

Thanks - Ellen

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:21 AM, <mic...@muskett-music.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Ellen,

We are very pleased to inform you the Method is now in stock and available to post today!

Just to confirm, this does not include the C.D as this has been discontinued.

The cost to yourself is £35 + £5.15 postage. Payments can be made through paypal under the email mic...@muskett-music.co.uk

Should you still wish to purchase, please make payment at your convenience, and your Method will be posted straight out.

Many Thanks for your interest

Natalie & Michael
On 10 May 2016, at 16:07, Ellen Rathbone <erat...@dahlemcenter.org> wrote:

Oh, yes, please!!!  I have pretty much given up on the instrument - can't keep it tuned, or working properly, no instructions for playing or maintaining...it has been a financial black hole.  So, yes, the instruction book would be GREAT to have - I can't believe no one else has done one since Michael's has been out of print for so long and there must be a market for it!

Address:  Ellen Rathbone, 13460 Sharon Valley Road, Grass Lake, MI  49240
I'd prefer to send a check, but will do credit card if you prefer.  I just hate to give that info out over the internet...don't trust security.  I know there will be an exchange rate since I am US and you all are England.  Let me know what works best for you.

Many, many thanks to you, Natalie.

Ellen

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Michael Muskett <mic...@muskett-music.co.uk> wrote:
Hello and good day to you!

My name is Natalie, i am assisting Michael with his Hurdy Gurdy Method enquiries and have found your email. Michael has been unwell of late and has fallen behind with the Method accounts, so i apologise if you have been waiting for a response. I would like to ask if you still wish to purchase a copy of the Method? if you still require one then please reply to this email with your address & preferred method of payment.

I thank you for your patience and hope this email finds you well.

Many Thanks

Natalie, on behalf of Michael Muskett Music

On 23 Sep 2015, at 16:50, Ellen Rathbone <erat...@dahlemcenter.org> wrote:

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

And I look forward to seeing the new edition available.

Ellen

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Michael Muskett <mic...@muskett-music.co.uk> wrote:
Preparing for a new editione
On 23 Sep 2015, at 15:22, Ellen Rathbone <erat...@dahlemcenter.org> wrote:

Michael - it looks like you might be selling your book again.  When last we were in touch, a couple years ago, you were considering re-releasing it...I'm hoping from what I saw on your website that this is true.   If so, I would like to place an order for the book and CD.

The thing is, I don't do PayPal.  Is there any other way I could make payment?

Thank you - Ellen Rathbone
13460 Sharon Valley Rd.
Grass Lake, MI  49240  USA

Preparing a new reprint takes much time and `i don’t have a `PA.   In the meantime Doreen passed away last Dec, Sheila is occupied wither own business and overwork. We are doing or best.
In the meantime The Method is so constructed that you may learn to read music while at the same time learning to play. The ability to read will give you freedom of both repertoire and style without the need to copy another player. So not sure about the CD. Learning by ear is fine but without literacy how will you learn music that is published but not recorded?

While few players feel confident enough to teach, the skills of notation and musicianship may be learned from qualified teachers of other instruments including organists, and pianists, which also make much use of finger articulation. Violinists can help with musical expression.

It is a myth to think that reading music limits your freedom of expression or your ability to play by ear. On the contrary, it brings the same freedom as the ability gained in learning to read a verbal language.  You can play tunes from record methods.   Not sure about the . Music lessons are not expensive when compared with the cost of your instrument and with the musical freedom to be gained. A few lessons from a piano teacher will set you on the road and you can play music rom recorder lessons. f you will have to write some out in a different key you will learn so much more!  Michael

USA & Postal Zone 2

Hurdy-gurdy Method 3rd edition including A4 supplement on the coup de poignet
Method only: £32.00
Method and CD: £46.00
CD only: £14.00

USA orders: Payment by PayPal to Muskett Music

--
Ellen Rathbone    /l\^..^/l\
Education Director

The Dahlem Conservancy