Skupiny Google už nepodporují nová předplatná ani příspěvky Usenet. Historický obsah lze zobrazit stále.

Shakespeare authorship controversy/Marlowe

29 zobrazení
Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

castlepubl...@yahoo.com

nepřečteno,
2. 10. 2007 15:50:3502.10.07
komu:
My published essay, "'And thereby hangs a tail/tale': the
Memoirs of an Arse Poetica" may interest Marlovians. It's available
on disk at http: www.castlepublishing.net. or from me, Darby MItchell,
at castlepubl...@yahoo.com.

The theory is based on my discovery of a diary by a Richard
Boyle, THE LISMORE PAPERS. This strange diary is written in verbal
circles. In it the narrator arrives in Ireland for the first time --
twice in Ireland twice. The first arrival is probably the true date
for the arrival of the real Richard Boyle; the second arrival occurs
two weeks after the supposed death of Marlowe at Deptford. Thus there
seem to be two Richard Boyles.

The first Boyle was born two years lag of Marlowe and three
miles from Canterbury, Marlowe's birthplace. They both attended
King's School, Canterbury and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. By
references in the diary, these two people looked enough alike and
sounded enough alike that Richard Boyle 2, conjecturally Marlowe, was
at first refused seating on the Council of Munster, presumably because
of Richard Boyle 1's former terrible reputation in that vicinity.

There are many tie-ins between Marlowe (Boyle 2) and Sir Walter
Raleigh that support a argument for Marlowe as at least half of the
author Shakespeare: Boyle 2 buys all of Raleigh's land in Ireland;
Raleigh, with the entire English fleet, makes an extended visit to
Boyle 2 during Raleigh's 2nd voyage to Guiana, at which time Boyle 2
outfits Raleigh's ships; Raleigh again visits Boyle 2 on Raleigh's
return from Guiana, when Raleigh is going home to die. There are also
many incidental references to Raleigh and to Raleigh's servants in the
diary. Boyle 2 serves under Sir George Carew, Raleigh's cousin, during
the English-Irish-Spanish war in Ireland, and characters in the
Shakespeare plays are present as soldiers in this war. Carew,
Raleigh's cousin, arranges the marriage of Boyle 2 to the only
daughter of Sir George and Lady Alice Fenton, and names belonging to
this family make up the characters in Shakespeare's MERRY WIVES OF
WINDSOR. Boyle 2 is knighted by Sir George Carew just before Boyle's
marriage to Katherine Fenton. The subsequent names of the many Boyle
children are listed as child characters in the Shakespeare plays.
Another Shakespeare character mentioned by his real name in
Boyle's diary is, for Shylock, the Jewish money lender of THE MERCHANT
OF VENICE, Paul Sherlocke, a Jewish money lender from Waterford. The
model for Falstaff is present in the person Sir John Dowdall, a
profligate but very loyal acquaintance of Boyle 2.
Another book presumably by Marlowe-Boyle 2 is PACATA
HIBERNIA, in which there are many more details that support a theory
of Marlowe's banishment instead of death. If this is by Marlowe, it
is the only self-reflective consciousness we have of the writer
Shakespeare, and, as such, is fascinating.
A third book by Boyle 2 is a short apology for his sudden,
incredible rise to economic and political power. In both the diary
and the brief biography, the date of Boyle 2's arrival in Ireland is
midsummer's day -- which was a notable day in the writer's life, as we
see in the play that may have arisen from that experience.
Reading these works is like reading Shakespeare in stereo --
here is an entire roll of the real characters, the real events,
written by someone who almost has to be the real author of the works
of Shakespeare, but who lived and was persecuted as Richard Boyle 1 --
a felon.

What a movie this would be!

I look forward to reading your comments.

--Darby Mitchell
M.A. in English, Wayne State University
Ph.d. work, WSU, in the comparative imagery of Marlowe and Shakespeare.

Christian Lanciai

nepřečteno,
3. 10. 2007 10:34:1303.10.07
komu:
On 2 Okt, 21:50, castlepublishing2...@yahoo.com wrote:
> My published essay, "'And thereby hangs a tail/tale': the
> Memoirs of an Arse Poetica" may interest Marlovians. It's available
> on disk at http:www.castlepublishing.net. or from me, Darby MItchell,
> at castlepublishing2...@yahoo.com.

Sorry, not very convincing, when you partake of the facts of the said
first earl Richard Boyle, but there could of course be some
connection.

C(hris)

lackpurity

nepřečteno,
3. 10. 2007 13:50:2603.10.07
komu:
On Oct 2, 2:50?pm, castlepublishing2...@yahoo.com wrote:
> My published essay, "'And thereby hangs a tail/tale': the
> Memoirs of an Arse Poetica" may interest Marlovians. It's available
> on disk at http:www.castlepublishing.net. or from me, Darby MItchell,
> at castlepublishing2...@yahoo.com.

MM:
I know Marlovians love Marlowe dearly, but Marlowe was killed by a
fatal wound to the eye and possibly to the brain. There was no faked-
death, and no resulting cover-up. I don't blame anyone for loving
Marlowe, Bacon, Stanley, or de Vere. They were all Honorable Men, but
they didn't write the canon. Sorry. The evidence supports what I've
written, despite all the theories which have been presented.

Michael Martin

0 nových zpráv