Inching toward a release candidate???

Ken Warner

Jun 4, 2008, 12:04:30 AM6/4/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know how many inches to go before a Windows Release Candidate
for Hugin?

Bruno Postle

Jun 4, 2008, 2:25:38 PM6/4/08
to Hugin ptx
On Tue 03-Jun-2008 at 21:04 -0700, Ken Warner wrote:

>Anyone know how many inches to go before a Windows Release Candidate
>for Hugin?

It's all here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=77506&atid=550441

Assuming that the OS X control point window problems are solved, the
question is: which of these bugs are actual release blockers?

--
Bruno

Ken Warner

Jun 4, 2008, 3:25:14 PM6/4/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I got a notice that SourceForge's Certificate had expired.
See the attachment.

And according to the link you provided, 0.7 beta 4 is still
the current release -- right?

Certificate.jpg

Harry van der Wolf

Jun 4, 2008, 4:50:40 PM6/4/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

2008/6/4 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>:

It's all here:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=77506&atid=550441

Assuming that the OS X control point window problems are solved, the
question is: which of these bugs are actual release blockers?

--
Bruno

As far as I'm concerned the OS X control point window problems are solved.
I already tried to respond on the bug ticket related to it, but there is no bug ticket. I've had three positive reactions on the last corrected hugin but I wanted to wait a few days more. I already mailed Pablo the patch but I assume it needs to be tested on other platforms too.

With regard to other OSX issues:
I filed a bug related to the HFOV & VFOV slider bars in the preview window. I undid the change of 3080 and it works for OSX, but so far no repsonse from other platforms.

The bug with the jpeg quality is annoying but not a show stopper at all. The panorama is saved at 100%, so after crpping the black you can change it afterwards to whatever quality you want.
The bug "Hugin crashes when clicking button "Create new project"" is still there. I asked other OSX users but apparently I'm the only one making multiple projects behind each other. So, again no show stopper.

These were my 2 cents.

Hoi,
Harry

John McAllister

Jun 4, 2008, 5:19:51 PM6/4/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all...

Just a word about... "Hugin crashes when clicking button "Create new project""
A time ago, I reported that Hugin had a nasty memory leak when creating multiple projects sequentially.
I've got into the habit of closing and reopening the program for each stitch.
Perhaps that memory mis-management might be related to this bug?

Bruno Postle

Jun 4, 2008, 5:11:35 PM6/4/08
to Hugin ptx
On Wed 04-Jun-2008 at 12:25 -0700, Ken Warner wrote:
>I got a notice that SourceForge's Certificate had expired.

This is not something we can fix, but it isn't a problem apart from
an annoying pop-up.

>And according to the link you provided, 0.7 beta 4 is still
>the current release -- right?

No, beta4 is over a year old, it is only still there because it
more-or-less works. hugin has changed significantly since then, you
can find a recent Windows pre-release snapshot here:

http://panospace.wordpress.com/downloads/#devel

You can use this snapshot to check the bug reports on sourceforge
and see if any can be closed or clarified:

>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=77506&atid=550441

--
Bruno

Ken Warner

Jun 4, 2008, 6:32:05 PM6/4/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

Do I have to download Enblend as a separate download?

Ken Warner

Jun 4, 2008, 7:34:54 PM6/4/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Environment: Windows 2000 SP4; old NVidia graphics card;
800mhz P3; Plenty of disk space.

I downloaded Version 0.7.0.3082

Stitched a couple of Cylindrical Panos with no problems.
And that's amazing considering all the trouble I had
getting Hugin to run on my machine in the past.

I had to use your special version of enblend_HDR compiled
without GPU support to get 0.7 beta 4 to run.

But this version ran fine on my machine. I give it a passing
grade.

Suggestion: When you select the output file type (TIFF, JPG, etc.)
the dialog box that pops up asking for the location and name to
save the panorama in/as should have the file type as the "Save as type:"
default entry.

Also, the "Specify output prefix" dialog stays up through the stitching process.
Shouldn't it pop down? I accidentally hit the "Create Panorama" button twice and
got a second "Specify output prefix" dialog. I think I could have started
another stitch at that time. That would not be a good thing on my
puny machine. Maybe an option that allows/disallows multiple stitches would
be useful. Some machines are big and powerful enough to do multiple,
simultaneous stitches but mine isn't.

I don't know if Hugin is designed to support multiple stitches.

Also, I miss the option to have the final output shown in my favorite
image editor. That was useful. Maybe I'm just not seeing that option.
Does it still exist?

My needs are modest but all said I'd say that you've done good work.
Haven't tried the control point editor yet. Nor have I tried to
stitch a spherical pano. But I think this release is a keeper.

Ken

Bruno Postle

Jun 5, 2008, 6:02:39 PM6/5/08
to Hugin ptx
On Wed 04-Jun-2008 at 16:34 -0700, Ken Warner wrote:

>But this version ran fine on my machine. I give it a passing
>grade.

Great, hopefully we can get a formal release out sooner.

>Also, the "Specify output prefix" dialog stays up through the stitching process.
>Shouldn't it pop down? I accidentally hit the "Create Panorama" button twice and
>got a second "Specify output prefix" dialog. I think I could have started
>another stitch at that time. That would not be a good thing on my
>puny machine. Maybe an option that allows/disallows multiple stitches would
>be useful. Some machines are big and powerful enough to do multiple,
>simultaneous stitches but mine isn't.

The new system is that there are two different programs: stitching
runs as an entirely separate process from hugin itself - i.e. you
can close hugin, start a new project or stitch a different view
immediately after setting a stitch going.

I thought there was a timer to prevent two successive clicks from
starting two identical stitches, but maybe I imagined that.

>Also, I miss the option to have the final output shown in my favorite
>image editor. That was useful. Maybe I'm just not seeing that option.
>Does it still exist?

It has been (temporarily) removed, though it never worked for me
anyway.

--
Bruno