hugin-0.7.0_rc2 released

Bruno Postle

Aug 13, 2008, 2:20:53 PM8/13/08
to Hugin ptx
A hugin-0.7.0_rc2 (release candidate 2) tarball is available here:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=77506&package_id=78426

This is a release candidate, i.e. the final release may be
identical.

There have been various fixes and improvements since the rc1 release
candidate, including:

* French, Russian, Swedish and Hungarian updates.

* New tool pto2mk, command-line tool to create .pto.mk files from
.pto files.

* Command-line tools now return 0 (success) with -h option.

* more robust align button algorithm, figures out if distortion
optimisation went crazy and reoptimized without distortion.

* Remove smart disabling of output formats in Stitcher tab
[1981284].

* Pop-up windows now stay above main window [2027795].

* Crop was inconsistent with different output file types [2034515].

See README, ChangeLog and INSTALL_cmake for more information.

This release is equivalent to svn 3315

--
Bruno

Michael Galloway

Aug 13, 2008, 4:37:50 PM8/13/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 07:20:53PM +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:

> A hugin-0.7.0_rc2 (release candidate 2) tarball is available here:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=77506&package_id=78426
>
> This is a release candidate, i.e. the final release may be
> identical.

ok, opensuse 11.0, x86_64, small projects seem to work ok, large projects fail during control
point creation (Align button) with this error:

ERROR: 16:34:51.918201 (/usr/local/hugin/hugin-0.7.0/src/hugin1/hugin/AutoCtrlPointCreator.cpp:332) automatch(): Too many arguments for call to wxExecute()
ERROR: 16:34:51.918771 (/usr/local/hugin/hugin-0.7.0/src/hugin1/hugin/AutoCtrlPointCreator.cpp:333) automatch(): Try using the %s parameter in preferences

-- michael

Gerry Patterson

Aug 13, 2008, 7:18:39 PM8/13/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Micheal,

This is a limitation of wxWidgets.  Previously, hugin would just segfault if there are a large (120+) number of images in the pano passed to autopano.

Were you able to stitch this large pano before?

- Gerry

Michael Galloway

Aug 13, 2008, 9:00:47 PM8/13/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 06:18:39PM -0500, Gerry Patterson wrote:
> Micheal,
>
> This is a limitation of wxWidgets. Previously, hugin would just segfault if
> there are a large (120+) number of images in the pano passed to autopano.
>
> Were you able to stitch this large pano before?
>
> - Gerry

hmmm ....

not this particular set of images. this set is 56 images. i know that i've done
other pano's with hugin on linux (i use os x as well) that have contained at least
this many images.

-- michael

Gerry Patterson

Aug 13, 2008, 10:01:18 PM8/13/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

56 images should be a problem.  Is this 56 images using exposure bracketing 56 * 3 = 168?

- Gerry

Michael Galloway

Aug 13, 2008, 10:11:32 PM8/13/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

they are brackets, but 56 total.

> - Gerry

Stephan Hegel

Aug 13, 2008, 11:54:03 PM8/13/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
openSuSE 10.3, x86_64, Pete Holzmann's 70 images test set (non-bracketed) aligns
without any problem. Hugin is SVN 3317, no code change compared to 3315 (RC2).

Rgds,
Stephan.

Gerry Patterson

Aug 14, 2008, 9:13:55 AM8/14/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Micheal,

Would you be able to attach your project file (.pto)?

Best Regards,

- Gerry

Michael Galloway

Aug 14, 2008, 10:29:05 AM8/14/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 08:13:55AM -0500, Gerry Patterson wrote:
> Hi Micheal,
>
> Would you be able to attach your project file (.pto)?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> - Gerry

of course, attached ...

-- michael

hugin_rc2.pto

Bruno Postle

Aug 14, 2008, 11:28:38 AM8/14/08
to Hugin ptx
On Wed 13-Aug-2008 at 22:11 -0400, Michael Galloway wrote:

>they are brackets, but 56 total.

>> Would you be able to attach your project file (.pto)?

>of course, attached ...

The file got mangled by google, here it is unmangled:

http://bugbear.postle.net/~bruno/misc/hugin_rc2.pto

Is it possible that the test for 'number of arguments' is simply
counting the number of spaces in the command-line?

Does the control-point finder work if you put your photos in a
folder with no spaces in the name?

--
Bruno

Michael Galloway

Aug 14, 2008, 11:34:18 AM8/14/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 04:28:38PM +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:

> The file got mangled by google, here it is unmangled:
>
> http://bugbear.postle.net/~bruno/misc/hugin_rc2.pto
>
> Is it possible that the test for 'number of arguments' is simply
> counting the number of spaces in the command-line?
>
> Does the control-point finder work if you put your photos in a
> folder with no spaces in the name?
>
> --
> Bruno

indeed, does work in that case.

-- michael

Gerry Patterson

Aug 14, 2008, 5:37:15 PM8/14/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

Yes, the test for too many arguments tokenizes the  command string, which currently just looks for spaces.  So spaces in image directories and image names are a problem.

 I now am trying to figure out a reliable way to determine the number of arguments passed to wxExecute().  I am thinking of some kind of tokenized that understands quoted paths and escaped characters...

- Gerry