hugin 10.01 - feedback

Erik Krause

Feb 18, 2010, 4:06:30 PM2/18/10
Hello!

Thanks to Zoran I can test one of the most recent versions of hugin! The
new masking feature is really, really great! A minor glitch: If I press
"Add new Mask" nothing seems to happen, there is no hint that I can
start setting points in the image.

The Fast Preview has improved much. Version 09.4 allowed for the
manipulation of the whole pano only, now individual images can be
dragged and rotated. However, I didn't find a possibility to drag the
whole panorama in 10.1 Good that "Numerical Transform" isn't a modal
dialog any more.

The Fast Preview Crop editor is very good. However, sometimes when I
move a cropped side back and release the mouse button outside the image
editing area, the crop still sticks to the mouse as if the button wasn't
released.

The source image crop editor works nicely too, however, I can't fully
understand the "Always center Crop on d,e" option, which is on by
default and doesn't allow me to drag the crop. Shouldn't it be the other
way round? No matter whether I crop scanned images or a circular
fisheye, in both cases the shift parameters d and e should follow the
crop center, not limit the cropping. I know the intention of "Always
center Crop on d,e" was to allow for a quick symmetrical crop. However,
it should not disallow to drag the crop but offer the option to set d
and e to the crop center.

Most other points I wrote in http://old.nabble.com/-ts26248583.html
still apply, especially the behavior of the Straighten button.

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de