Hugin-2009.2.0 source code distribution released

Yuval Levy

Sep 29, 2009, 2:22:02 PM9/29/09
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Panorama stitching and more. A powerful software package for creation
and processing of panoramic images.

In the name of the Hugin team I am proud to announce the immediate
availability of the hugin-2009.2.0 source code here:

<https://sourceforge.net/projects/hugin/files/hugin/hugin-2009.2/hugin-2009.2.0.tar.gz/download>

MAJOR CHANGES SINCE 0.8.0:

* GPU accelerated stitching. Highly experimental. Activate from
Files -> Preferences -> Stitching. Depends on a combination of hardware,
driver, input images and other factors. Details will be posted in the
Hugin FAQ <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ#GPU-stitching_.28nona.29g>

* Improved Preferences panel (Control Point Detectors), with user
friendly presets for the most popular choices.

* Improved control of stitching process (Stitcher tab). Hugin now
features an additional Exposure fusion -> Blended and fused panorama
output option, useful when it is not possible to keep exposure and white
balance constant between shots. Tutorial at
<http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/auto-exposure/>

* Fast Preview shows control points connected with lines - the
longest the line the worse the quality (except for vertical and
horizontal control lines).

* Streamlined support for libpano. Libpano13 is now required.
Discontinued support for legacy libpano12.

* Improved build system.

* Lots of bugfixes, lots of new bugs.

For more information see http://hugin.sourceforge.net/releases/2009.2.0
as well as the README, ChangeLog and INSTALL_cmake files inside the
distribution.

This release has been tagged in the subversion repository as
/hugin/releases/tag/2009.2.0_rc1 at revision 4464.

SHA1SUM: aaf41867a7face95ec0b8ae753299da75448ed5c hugin-2009.2.0.tar.gz

Binary installers will be provided by the users communities.
<http://panospace.wordpress.com/downloads/>

Alexandre Prokoudine

Sep 30, 2009, 11:27:01 AM9/30/09

On 29 сен, 22:22, Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch> wrote:

> In the name of the Hugin team I am proud to announce the immediate
> availability of the hugin-2009.2.0 source code here:

IMO, it would make sense linking to
http://river-valley.tv/nona-gpu-image-remapping-on-the-graphics-processor/
from the release notes. I did it in the announcement at
LibreGraphicsWorld.org

Alexandre

Tduell

Sep 30, 2009, 8:04:32 PM9/30/09

On Sep 30, 4:22 am, Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch> wrote:
> Panorama stitching and more. A powerful software package for creation
> and processing of panoramic images.
>
> In the name of the Hugin team I am proud to announce the immediate
> availability of the hugin-2009.2.0 source code here:

[snip]

> Binary installers will be provided by the users communities.
> <http://panospace.wordpress.com/downloads/>

Fedora 11 binary packages for x86_64 and i386/i586 systems have been
built and passed to Bruno.
They should be available on his server soon.

Cheers,
Terry

Yuval Levy

Sep 30, 2009, 11:41:11 PM9/30/09
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> IMO, it would make sense linking to
> http://river-valley.tv/nona-gpu-image-remapping-on-the-graphics-processor/
> from the release notes. I did it in the announcement at
> LibreGraphicsWorld.org

I second. you have access to SVN, right? just do it :-)

Yuv

Eduardo Perez Esteban

Oct 1, 2009, 1:22:44 AM10/1/09
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I can build the packages for Fedora 10, if those are needed.

Edu.

Eduardo Perez Esteban

Oct 5, 2009, 4:09:38 AM10/5/09
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I noticed Bruno's repository still does not contain RPM packages for Fedora 10... my offer is still available.

Edu.