Panorama in flash, which tool?

Can-C. Dörtbudak

Oct 27, 2008, 6:18:54 PM10/27/08
Hi Guys,

is there a chance of building panoramas in flash with a tool like the
very good Panotools-Script to get a qtvr? i'm running linux and that's
why i would like to use flash.

Cheers, Can

sergi34

Oct 28, 2008, 4:47:16 AM10/28/08
try this: panosalado. It's an open source solution for flash panos.

It accepts as input cubic panos in 6 cube faces, but I think it's also
implemented quicktime qtvr input, too.

http://flashpanos.com/blog/79

Sergi

On Oct 27, 11:18 pm, Can-C. Dörtbudak <doertbu...@googlemail.com>

Alfredo Lingoist Jr.

Oct 28, 2008, 6:14:37 AM10/28/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Panasalado seems to be very good, but I haven't suceeded in generating a new panorama view... You wouldn't know any basic tutorial, would you?

Thank you!
Alfredo

Can-C. Dörtbudak

Oct 28, 2008, 5:49:23 PM10/28/08
Hi Sergi,

that's really cool! Thanks a lot. I could not figure out how to
compile it myself, but the example works very well.

If you want to have a look: doertbudak.de/blog/

Thanks, Can

Alfredo Lingoist Jr.

Oct 29, 2008, 8:20:36 AM10/29/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to compile PanoSalado for 2 days, but it does not work at all. Does it have any user interface?

Thanks again,
Alfredo Lingoist

Can-C. Dörtbudak

Oct 29, 2008, 8:29:17 AM10/29/08
Hi Alfredo,

same for me. That's why i've adapted the example. But i will ask for
help on their message board.

Can

On 29 Okt., 13:20, "Alfredo Lingoist Jr." <alfredolingo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I've been trying to compile PanoSalado for 2 days, but it does not work at
> all. Does it have any user interface?
>
> Thanks again,
> Alfredo Lingoist

Alfredo Lingoist Jr.

Oct 29, 2008, 8:39:11 AM10/29/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Can,

What haeve you done? Have you just changed the original pano-photo?

Thanks,
Alfredo

Can-C. Dörtbudak

Oct 29, 2008, 4:08:38 PM10/29/08
Hi Alfredo,

oh this was very easy. I've used the example. The only thing you need
is six cubic images and the PanoSalado.xml. In this file you can adapt
all paths to the pictures and remove or change the tour points. That's
all.

Can

On 29 Okt., 13:39, "Alfredo Lingoist Jr." <alfredolingo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Can,
>
> What haeve you done? Have you just changed the original pano-photo?
>
> Thanks,
> Alfredo

sergi34

Oct 30, 2008, 11:41:47 AM10/30/08
I've done this in the past just like you say.

Here is an example (be patient, it's at home dsl connection)

http://www.fotospanoramicas.org/esfericas/mirepoix/

Sergi

On Oct 29, 9:08 pm, Can-C. Dörtbudak <doertbu...@googlemail.com>

Bruno Postle

Oct 30, 2008, 12:03:21 PM10/30/08
to Hugin ptx
On Wed 29-Oct-2008 at 13:08 -0700, Can-C. Dörtbudak wrote:

>oh this was very easy. I've used the example. The only thing you
>need is six cubic images and the PanoSalado.xml. In this file you
>can adapt all paths to the pictures and remove or change the tour
>points. That's all.

I'm sure lots of hugin users want to do flash panoramas with
panosalado - Could you post some notes to the list? Just saying:
what to download, which files to copy, bits you need to edit etc...

--
Bruno

Alfredo Lingoist Jr.

Oct 30, 2008, 3:06:32 PM10/30/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Here it is what I did:

1 • Download PanoSalado and its example

2 • Unzip rev_128_example.zip and rev_123.zip

3 • Copy panoramic pictures that you created in HUGIN in rev_128_example\images folder

4 • Edit "PanoSalado.xml" (in rev_128_example folder)
     You  may found some tips in "XML Schema.txt" (in rev_128 folder)
     * It's a pity PanoSalado does not have user interface...

5 • Ready to be used! NO NEW COMPILATION IS NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alfredo
Brasília - Brazil

Tim Nugent

Oct 31, 2008, 9:19:55 AM10/31/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
found a closed source flash player, it's about 40 euros. seems to be XML
based too

http://flashpanoramas.com/player/

here it is in action, looks good:

http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm

Alfredo Lingoist Jr. wrote:
> Here it is what I did:
>
> 1 • Download PanoSalado and its example
> http://panosalado.googlecode.com/files/rev_128_example.zip
> http://panosalado.googlecode.com/files/rev_128.zip
>
> 2 • Unzip rev_128_example.zip and rev_123.zip
>
> 3 • Copy panoramic pictures that you created in HUGIN in
> *rev_128_example\images* folder
>
> 4 • Edit "PanoSalado.xml" (in *rev_128_example* folder)
> You may found some tips in "XML Schema.txt" (in *rev_128 *folder)
> * It's a pity PanoSalado does not have user interface...
>
> 5 • Ready to be used! *NO NEW COMPILATION IS NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!*
> Alfredo
> Brasília - Brazil

cheathamlane

Nov 1, 2008, 11:20:04 AM11/1/08
Hi all:

Greetings! :)

I don't regularly monitor this list, but I am glad to see PanoSalado
has made it to being a topic... Even if there's a lot of
consternation. ;-)

Thanks Alfredo for the basic "how to" post; I'll make some comments
inline below, but want to note that there's an active forum, filled
with tidbits and updates over at http://tinyurl.com/panosalado (long
url). All are encouraged to peruse and to post.

On Oct 30, 12:06 pm, "Alfredo Lingoist Jr."
1a • The most recent downloads can be monitored for at:
http://code.google.com/p/panosalado/downloads/list

The difference between rev_128 and 129 is the addition of a
History.txt file; just administrative.

> 2 • Unzip rev_128_example.zip and rev_128.zip
>
> 3 • Copy panoramic pictures that you created in HUGIN in *
> rev_128_example\images* folder
>
> 4 • Edit "PanoSalado.xml" (in *rev_128_example* folder)
> You may found some tips in "XML Schema.txt" (in *rev_128 *folder)

4a • The XML Schema text file is good, but a little messy... That is
on my to-do list. :) There are also some posts regarding the XML for
PanoSalado at the flashpanos forums. To wit:

Another "how to" for using the PanoSalado examples download:
http://flashpanos.com/forum/panosalado-file-structure-html

XML info (use in conjunction wiith newer XML Schema text file):
http://flashpanos.com/forum/basic-xml-structure-panosalado-rev-73
http://flashpanos.com/forum/complete-xml-structure-panosalado-rev-73
( http://flashpanos.com/forum/minor-important-xml-change )

HTML Embedding info for PanoSalado:
http://flashpanos.com/forum/basic-html-embedding-panosalado

A long but informative thread "getting and compiling PanoSalado
source":
http://flashpanos.com/content/getting-and-compiling-panosalado-source

> * It's a pity PanoSalado does not have user interface...

Coming soon! :)

We have just moved from alpha to beta testing with a user interface,
which will be friendly to folks who don't want to get their hands
dirty with MXML, Actionscript, etc. ;) Anyone who would like to be
notified about the user interface (codename:
"SpinControl:PanoSalado"), please email to:
revol...@panosalado.com .

> 5 • Ready to be used! *NO NEW COMPILATION IS NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Woohoo!

As far as compilation goes, I should note that one issue which keeps
coming up is with the supplied "UserInterface.as/fla". The FLA
contains symbols which are required by the Actionscript file, so if
someone compiles the UserInterface.as out via mxmlc/Flex, it will
fail. Rewriting the example UserInterface.as so that it is 100% Flex
friendly is also on my to-do list. :)

Of course, we mostly just hear from people when they're having
trouble, but we also get some peeks at what people are doing with
PanoSalado. We LOVE to see links to projects... Here's a neat one --
no stitching required, except of the sewing machine variety ;-) :
http://flashpanos.com/forum/code-swf-hotspot#comment-778

Sorry for such a long initial hello, but I hope this helps out!

Cheers,

Patrick

Erik Krause

Nov 1, 2008, 5:26:29 PM11/1/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Tim Nugent wrote:
> found a closed source flash player, it's about 40 euros. seems to be XML
> based too

Here is a comprehensive list:
http://wiki.panotools.org/Viewers#Flash_or_Shockwave_based_Viewers

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de

awbrody

Nov 2, 2008, 1:40:48 PM11/2/08
I use Pano2VR
Panoramic Image Converter
Version 2.0 beta 1b
Revision 521 (Aug 19 2007, 23:01:16)
© 2007 Thomas Rauscher
Web:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com
email:
sup...@gardengnomesoftware.com

Mac or Windows

It will convert an equirectangular image or 6 cube faces into flash or
qtvr. It has a GUI. You can put in hot spots. I've never done this but
per the ad, you can embed flash panoramas inside flash panoramas. I
don't knw about moving panoarmas. The equirectangular -> flash -> 6
face -> flash workflow is great for editing the nadir image. The only
downside I can see is that it will not work well with huge panoramas.

Bill Brody
the cost is 45 Euro