SVN 2571 hugin does not build on ubuntu 32bit

Yuv

Dec 18, 2007, 7:21:03 PM12/18/07
libpano13 revision 753 built well, have not had time to test it yet.

when building hugin revision 2571

CMake Error: File /home/yuv/hugin/src/hugin1/hugin/xrc/data/
about.htm.in does not exist.
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/home/yuv/hugin/src/hugin1/hugin/xrc/data/CMakeLists.txt:6:

IIRC somebody reported a similar error a while ago?

Yuv

Gerry Patterson

Dec 18, 2007, 10:32:26 PM12/18/07
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think things got caught in a state of flux on Pablo's last commit.  It looks like the missing file was almost added to SVN, but instead the Vim swap file .about.htm.in.swp was added instead.  Hopefully Pablo will correct this shortly.

Best Regards,

- Gerry

Yuv

Dec 18, 2007, 11:09:50 PM12/18/07
On Dec 18, 10:32 pm, "Gerry Patterson" <thedeepvo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think things got caught in a state of flux on Pablo's last commit.

yes, just for the fun of it I reverted to revision 2539 and everything
built fine.

I think I validated all steps in <http://wiki.panotools.org/
Hugin_Compiling_Ubuntu>, so I allowed myself to upgrade its status to
OK.

Next steps are automation and then package building, while Pablo sorts
out the more difficult part of code clean up.

Yuv

Peter Gawthrop

Jan 20, 2008, 10:53:22 AM1/20/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com, goo...@levy.ch
Hi Yuv,

thanks for the excellent Wiki page!

I now have hugin 2539 up and running on my brand-new hugin box
running 64-bit Ubuntu Gutsy.

Minor issues:

1. The hugin build failed as it was looking for panotools13 in
/usr/lib at one point. Fixed with:

sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/panotools13.so /usr/lib/panotools13.so

2. autopano-sift-C failed to build (I don't use it but here is the
problem anyway)

KeypointXML.c:18:30: error: libxml/xmlreader.h: No such file or directory

I can see that this is a missing library, but I couldn't work out
which one.

I'm enjoying the projections feature of hugin -- thanks to all the
implementors

Best wishes

Peter.

> This email has been scanned by Netintelligence
> http://www.netintelligence.com/email

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)

Jan 20, 2008, 11:31:51 AM1/20/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Le 20.01.2008 16:53:22, Peter Gawthrop a écrit :

>Hi Yuv,
>
> thanks for the excellent Wiki page!
>
> I now have hugin 2539 up and running on my brand-new hugin box
> running 64-bit Ubuntu Gutsy.
>
> Minor issues:
>
> 1. The hugin build failed as it was looking for panotools13 in
> /usr/lib at one point. Fixed with:
>
> sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/panotools13.so /usr/lib/panotools13.so

Ermm this means the libpano13 package has been built with /usr/local as
the prefix, Mine is built with /usr and so I've not the problem.

Where did you get libpano13 package?

> 2. autopano-sift-C failed to build (I don't use it but here is the
> problem anyway)
>
> KeypointXML.c:18:30: error: libxml/xmlreader.h: No such file or
>directory
>
> I can see that this is a missing library, but I couldn't work out
> which one.

With Debian, it is : libxml2-dev

Regards

Jean-Luc

Yuval Levy

Jan 20, 2008, 11:32:29 PM1/20/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> Ermm this means the libpano13 package has been built with /usr/local as
> the prefix, Mine is built with /usr and so I've not the problem.
>
> Where did you get libpano13 package?

last weekend I rebuilt everything and it seems that libpano13 default
location has moved from /usr to /usr/local ?

This is what caused my autopano-SIFT-C to stop building ten days ago.

> With Debian, it is : libxml2-dev

I had already this one on my box, so it escaped me when posting
<http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_Ubuntu#Autopano-sift-C>

corrected now, merci Jean-Luc!

Yuv

Daniel M German

Jan 21, 2008, 2:57:49 AM1/21/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Yuval Levy twisted the bytes to say:

Hi Yuv,

Yuval> Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
>> Ermm this means the libpano13 package has been built with /usr/local as
>> the prefix, Mine is built with /usr and so I've not the problem.
>>
>> Where did you get libpano13 package?

Yuval> last weekend I rebuilt everything and it seems that libpano13 default
Yuval> location has moved from /usr to /usr/local ?

libpano is build wherever you want it. By default (and this has been
the case for years) it goes into /usr/local but you can override that
with

./configure --prefix=/usr

--dmg

Yuval> This is what caused my autopano-SIFT-C to stop building ten days ago.

>> With Debian, it is : libxml2-dev

Yuval> I had already this one on my box, so it escaped me when posting
Yuval> <http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_Compiling_Ubuntu#Autopano-sift-C>

Yuval> corrected now, merci Jean-Luc!

Yuval> Yuv

Yuval>

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/
dmg (at) uvic (dot) ca
replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .

Yuval Levy

Jan 21, 2008, 12:33:00 PM1/21/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Daniel.

Daniel M German wrote:
> libpano is build wherever you want it. By default (and this has been
> the case for years) it goes into /usr/local but you can override that
> with
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr

I might have had some old stuff, but don't recall ever using --prefix in
my builds and before wiping out all libpanos and rebuilding
autopano-sift-C I had both libpano12 and libpano13 in /usr. After wiping
out and starting from scratch they were in /usr/local. i love default
locations :-)

Yuv

Milan Knizek

Jan 21, 2008, 12:55:04 PM1/21/08
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Peter Gawthrop píše v Ne 20. 01. 2008 v 15:53 +0000:

> I now have hugin 2539 up and running on my brand-new hugin box
> running 64-bit Ubuntu Gutsy.
>
> Minor issues:
>
> 1. The hugin build failed as it was looking for panotools13 in
> /usr/lib at one point. Fixed with:
>
> sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/panotools13.so /usr/lib/panotools13.so

You could give it a try and check what is in your /etc/ld.so.conf
and /etc/ld.so.conf.d (all files in this directory are sourced
by /etc/ld.so.conf).

If you can't find /usr/local/lib path in any files there, then ldconfing
cannot find the libraries and make them available to other programs.
Running "ldconf" rebuilds the /etc/ld.so.cache for linking.

You may wish to re-configure libpano13 to be installed to /usr prefix to
workaround the problem.

However, I prefer to install programs, which are not managed by the
package manager (apt in case of ubuntu/debian) either to /opt (for
programs) or /usr/local (for libraries, that other programs are
dependent on) directories to keep the files organised.

regards,
Milan