[OSX] Tiger users: The static enblend/enfuse 4.0 builds should be HDR enabled again

Harry van der Wolf

Dec 24, 2010, 10:09:14 AM12/24/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Hi mac users on Tiger,

NOTE: This information is only valid for users on Tiger! Leopard and Snow Leopard should use the included Open-MP builds that are delivered inside the Hugin.app.

The static 32bit builds of enblend and enfuse for Tiger, that came separated from Hugin.app but within the .dmg, were not HDR (.hdr and .exr) enabled[0]. This was not an enblend or enfuse error, it was a build error on OSX.
The error was in the pkgconfig file (for those who understand that).
Due to the way we (I ?) need to build for older versions of the OS, and due to the way that building statically is highly discouraged on OSX, we need to do some tricks to make it work. "Something" (I don't want to explain the entire build process) changed, going from Leopard (10.5) to Snow Leopard (10.6) causing the pkgconfig OpenEXR.pc file failing for static builds.

Mac users on Tiger: Please download the new Tiger static builds via this direct link[1] from my website and test whether HDR (.hdr and .exr) are now supported and working for you. Hopefully I can include a fixed enblend/enfuse build in the final Hugin 2010.4.0.

Please report your findings, preferably via the bugtracker [0], but as a response to this mail is OK as well.

Note: The hugin 2010.4.0-RC1 build from this morning does NOT contain these new enblend/enfuse builds. (I'm not multi-core. I work serial, not parallel. And I had not foreseen that I would now suddenly see the solution).

Hoi,
Harry

[0]: Lauchpad bug tracker: <https://bugs.launchpad.net/enblend/+bug/679590>
[1] : <http://harryvanderwolf.dyndns.org/Hugin/tmp/enblend-enfuse-4.0-Tiger.zip>

Harry van der Wolf

Dec 29, 2010, 6:10:40 AM12/29/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
All mac users on Tiger,

See below: Did anyone test yet?

If so: please give some feedback.

Harry

phar...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2010, 12:03:05 PM12/31/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
Harry...

Your "hugin-mac-2010.4.0-RC3.dmg" dated December 29 on your download
site identifies itself as RC1 upon decompressing the file.

Steve

Harry van der Wolf

Dec 31, 2010, 12:45:10 PM12/31/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com

You are right. A very stupid mistake. I forgot to change the RC number. The bundle however is really the RC3
.

Harry

phar...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2010, 2:19:20 PM12/31/10
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Harry van der Wolf <hvd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are right. A very stupid mistake. I forgot to change the RC number. The
> bundle however is really the RC3.

Not stupid. Merely an oversight that could cause some doubt or confusion.

Steve

phar...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2011, 9:13:43 AM1/1/11
to hugi...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 12:45 PM, Harry van der Wolf <hvd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You are right. A very stupid mistake. I forgot to change the RC number. The
> bundle however is really the RC3.

Again, nothing stupid on your part. Even if it were, your great
efforts in providing all these binaries would more than make up for
it.

I would like to point out that these latest candidates, RC1 and RC3,
will not run properly if they are contained anywhere, sub-directories
included, within a folder that has a name that includes any spaces
between the characters. This was not the case as far as I know with
most earlier releases, but I seem to recall that this had cropped up
on occasion in the past. For example, the "Assistant" tab will not
generate any control points under the above mentioned circumstance.

Macintosh iMac G-5 running OS X 10.5.4.

Steve