race riots

Jim Mccullars

Jan 2, 1992, 5:45:56 PM1/2/92
Bob Ellington:

I think you need to check the parity setting,or something on your

message editor. Your reply to me came out looking like this:

> the hearing the Channel-19 tape not s ell the complete
> story.
>> {
> But {t!s there really any need for to the st at all?
> Come on, Whether he !h li crud out of tspect or not
> the
> point is it mst. re were several police officer the
> un!ne and I think they could have handfem withmoting
> Wiat
> all.he tban!wie9 rde showed enough 7t least some kin.mf
>
> reprimand even if y a verbal "now dot do that again"

Jim

--
* Jim.Mc...@p0.f2.n373.z1.FIDONET.ORG via Micro Magic

Robert Follis

Jan 4, 1992, 1:23:41 PM1/4/92
I read your defense of the ACLU and couldn't disagree more with your
statement of their goals. Although ACLU stands for American Civil Liberties Union their name is very deceptive. It should be: American civil Liberals
Union. They don't represent any conservative causes which puts them
completely out of touch with about 6o% to 80% of the people in this
country. Oh no they are far from Champions Of Justice they are Champions of Liberal causes.

I also think the NAACP has sold the Black people of this country out. Look
at the Clarence Thomas nomination. This guy was the perfect example of what the NAACP used to stand for "Advancement of Colored People",but no, they
opposed him from the start because he wasn't a Liberal. He worked for what
he got and did take advantage of some gov't programs but NO handouts. So
they opposed him for that reason. This all happened before Anita Hill which is another subject.
They should change their name to NAALCP, National Association for the
Advancement of Liberal Colored People.

No harshness meant. Just my openion>

--
* Robert...@p0.f14.n373.z1.FIDONET.ORG via Micro Magic

Tim Tow

Jan 5, 1992, 8:31:47 AM1/5/92
In article <3193.2...@umagic.FIDONET.ORG>, Robert...@p0.f14.n373.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Robert Follis) writes:
|> Union. They don't represent any conservative causes which puts them
|> completely out of touch with about 6o% to 80% of the people in this
|> country. Oh no they are far from Champions Of Justice they are Champions of Liberal causes.

Wrong... they also support the placement of the name of David Duke on
primary ballots in certain states which have sought to exclude his name.
I guess that is a conservative cause "which puts them completely out of
touch" with many people in this country.

Although I abhor the thought of David Duke being elected to office, he has
the right to try as does most other Americans.... Let the people decide...
it is our role in democracy.

|> I also think the NAACP has sold the Black people of this country out. Look
|> at the Clarence Thomas nomination. This guy was the perfect example of what the NAACP used to stand for "Advancement of Colored People",but no, they
|> opposed him from the start because he wasn't a Liberal. He worked for what
|> he got and did take advantage of some gov't programs but NO handouts. So
|> they opposed him for that reason. This all happened before Anita Hill which is another subject.
|> They should change their name to NAALCP, National Association for the
|> Advancement of Liberal Colored People.

Does a conservative Court defend the right's of conservative people or press
a conservative's views/lifestyle on liberal people (ie, take their rights
away.)

BTW, I admire Judge Thomas for his achievements but don't necessarily agree
with his views.

|> No harshness meant. Just my openion>

^^^^
Must be a Freudian slip where the Id slips out to
raise havoc..

Standard disclaimers apply.
Tim Tow |
| "Injustice anywhere is a
Huntsville, AL | threat to justice everywhere"
Mailpath:..timtow@timtow.b1.ingr.com |
Voice: 205-730-2117 | - Dr Martin Luther King, Jr

Jim Mccullars

Jan 6, 1992, 4:46:50 PM1/6/92
Robert:

> I read your defense of the ACLU and couldn't disagree more
> with your statement of their goals. Although ACLU stands
> for American Civil Liberties Union their name is very deceptive.
> It should be: American civil Liberals Union. They don't

> represent any conservative causes which puts them completely
> out of touch with about 6o% to 80% of the people in this
> country. Oh no they are far from Champions Of Justice they
> are Champions of Liberal causes.

Not necessarily, Robert. The ACLU defends liberties, not liberalism.

For example, the ACLU recently threatened to go to court to have
David Duke placed on a presidential ballot in a state where he had
been denied. Now Duke is not exactly a bastion of liberalism, but
the ACLU often defends the *rights* of those whose viewpoints they
may diametrically oppose.
Higgins was right on target with his assessment.