Roadrunner $19.95 Month or $49.95 Month

WM

Feb 20, 2006, 10:55:47 AM2/20/06
RoadRunner Internet service gave me a couple of 6 month 'deals' for
$29.95 per month. The second one after I called to cancel at the end
of the 'deal'.

Today when I tried to extend the 'deal' for another 6 months, they
refused but offered a $19.95 rate for a lower speed service. I took
it.

It took them less than 60 seconds to lower my speed from 4700 mbps to
680 mbps. Of course, they screwed me on the prorating service but
what else do you expect from Time Warner? Just smile and take it.

Jack Zwick

Feb 20, 2006, 2:13:09 PM2/20/06
In article <i8pjv11pqe6l7o6ff...@4ax.com>,
WM <webm...@stormyNOSPAMranch.com> wrote:

Too bad they could never restore a mail server thats down that fast.

madhatter®

Feb 20, 2006, 9:05:22 PM2/20/06
On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:55:47 GMT, WM <webm...@stormyNOSPAMranch.com>
wrote:

Yeah, I just came off of a deal too ($ 31/mo. incl taxes) with
Earthlink cablemodem and my rate now is $38/mo. (incl. taxes). I
won't complain because formerly before the deal I was paying about
$43/mo. (incl taxes) so I figured a $7 / mo. increase after the deal
was over, wasn't too bad now. If I push for another deal, with my
luck after the next deal I might go back up to $43/mo. so I think I'll
stay put and not speak up. As to speed I've seen my d/l speeds spike
on occasion over 6 mbps but usually more sustained speeds over a
wireless network from 2 to 4 mbps.

Thanks for the information but sorry to hear how they shafted you.

WM

Feb 21, 2006, 8:13:25 AM2/21/06
http://www.houston.rr.com/SpeedTest/speedTest.html

What speed do you get on the above site?

madhatter®

Feb 21, 2006, 11:29:49 AM2/21/06
On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:13:25 GMT, WM <webm...@stormyNOSPAMranch.com>
wrote:

> http://www.houston.rr.com/SpeedTest/speedTest.html
>
> What speed do you get on the above site?

If you are addressing this post to me, I already told you my speed. If
not, just ignor this post.

Jack Zwick

Feb 23, 2006, 3:29:07 PM2/23/06
In article <le4mv1ho1f66rvp7r...@4ax.com>,
WM <webm...@stormyNOSPAMranch.com> wrote:

> http://www.houston.rr.com/SpeedTest/speedTest.html
>
> What speed do you get on the above site?

it must be rigged. I get far better speeds from across the country on
dslreports.com

E. Stewart

Feb 27, 2006, 12:41:28 AM2/27/06
7435 kbps

I decided to try their upgrade.

"WM" <webm...@stormyNOSPAMranch.com> wrote in message

Jack Zwick

Feb 27, 2006, 7:15:48 AM2/27/06
In article <ciwMf.33738$Ob5....@tornado.texas.rr.com>,
"E. Stewart" <este...@houston.rr.com> wrote:

> 7435 kbps
>
> I decided to try their upgrade.

When they're up, and the mailserver, and DNS are up, or the News Server
is working, since they regard the News Server as a value added feature,
they needn't give any priority to if it has problems.

madhatter®

Feb 27, 2006, 9:00:14 AM2/27/06
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:15:48 GMT, Jack Zwick <jack...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I can't wait to dump earthlink when city wide wifi is around (assuming
speeds are okay) and just keep an account with giganews. I don't
expect this tho to happen for awhile unfortunately.