"Best Cheese Steaks"

frkkie

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
any body know of any places inside the loop that has the most authentic
tasting, best tasting cheesesteaks....frk

John Moran

Apr 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/15/99
In article <Y%oR2.270$Kk5....@news1.giganews.com>, "frkkie"
<daw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> any body know of any places inside the loop that has the most authentic
> tasting, best tasting cheesesteaks....frk

Not inside the loop, but Jakes Philly Steaks on Chimney Rock two blocks
north of 59 is pretty darn good for cheesesteaks.

regards

jm

Rick Russell

Apr 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/16/99
frkkie <daw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> any body know of any places inside the loop that has the most authentic
> tasting, best tasting cheesesteaks....frk

I don't know if they are "authentic", but the Texadelphia sandwich
shop in the Rice Village serves a nice cheesesteak sandwich. They will
optionally "Texify" it with jalapen~os, onions, etc.

But since I'm not a cheesesteak connoisseur, I couldn't really compare
them to anything else.

Rick R.

Patrick L. Humphrey

Apr 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/16/99
ri...@is.rice.edu (Rick Russell) writes:

>In article <Y%oR2.270$Kk5....@news1.giganews.com>,
>frkkie <daw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> any body know of any places inside the loop that has the most authentic
>> tasting, best tasting cheesesteaks....frk

>I don't know if they are "authentic", but the Texadelphia sandwich
>shop in the Rice Village serves a nice cheesesteak sandwich. They will
>optionally "Texify" it with jalapen~os, onions, etc.

There are two of them -- the one in the Village, and one out at Westheimer and
Greenridge. (The onions are standard, as far as I know.)

>But since I'm not a cheesesteak connoisseur, I couldn't really compare
>them to anything else.

The way I learned it, the Philadelphia cheesesteak has to be sliced beef, with
mozzarella cheese and slices of bell pepper thrown in. At Texadelphia, the
beef is chopped, and bell peppers are extra -- but even if it's not the
authentic Philly, it's still pretty good.

--PLH, Dale drags me to one every so often, but I'm not complaining

Message has been deleted

Joey Berner

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
All-

John Moran wrote in message ...

>In article <Y%oR2.270$Kk5....@news1.giganews.com>, "frkkie"
><daw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> any body know of any places inside the loop that has the most authentic
>> tasting, best tasting cheesesteaks....frk
>

>Not inside the loop, but Jakes Philly Steaks on Chimney Rock two blocks
>north of 59 is pretty darn good for cheesesteaks.

Yeah, Jake's has some damn good cheesesteaks but their sausage sandwich is
worth driving outside the Loop for. Spicy and damn nasty, that's what I get
when I go to Jakes.

Joey
jo...@houstonsother.com