Good BBQ in Galveston?

mte...@attglobal.net

May 27, 2001, 7:50:14 AM5/27/01
Can anybody recommend any good BBQ takeout places in Galveston?

Mark Terka - Galveston - Tx <PGP Key on Keyserver>

"Trust in God, but keep your powder dry!"
-Oliver Cromwell

Kerr

May 27, 2001, 6:23:37 PM5/27/01
<mte...@attglobal.net> wrote in message

> Can anybody recommend any good BBQ takeout places in Galveston?
>
> --

I've never tried it (seldom in G-town) but our h.e. friend David Throop has
often recommended Leon's World Famous BBQ on Broadway.
Kerr.

Carey Akin

May 30, 2001, 12:24:27 AM5/30/01

"Kerr" <rke...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

> I've never tried it (seldom in G-town) but our h.e. friend David Throop
has
> often recommended Leon's World Famous BBQ on Broadway.

Yes. Leon's is very good. Not quite Texas style BBQ, but good nonetheless.

Carey in Pearland

David R. Throop

May 30, 2001, 1:13:25 PM5/30/01
In article <J7fQ6.49027$bv2.12...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>,

Kerr <rke...@houston.rr.com> wrote:
>I've never tried it (seldom in G-town) but our h.e. friend David Throop has
>often recommended Leon's World Famous BBQ on Broadway.

Yep. I first discovered it via the Zagut guide. Leon's had a
provisional rating of 25. (25 is VERY high, better than any other BBQ
place they reviewed, but the provisional means that they didn't get
enough reviews of Leon's to be confident of the accuracy.)

Excellent ribs; excellent brisket, excellent sides and dessert.

Atmosphere: low ceilings, smoky, television blaring, worn carpeting.
Very down home. Friendly service, expecially if Leon is there
himself.

Address: 5427 Broadway St Galveston, TX (409) 744-0070

David Throop