Lido

1 view

Erica Klein

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

I love this place. What do you order there? There is so much on the
menu. I've had the pho and the spring rolls, various.
Erica

hotbread

Apr 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/25/97

In article <5jqglg$gic$1...@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>, Erica Klein
<ekl...@bayou.uh.edu> wrote:

Vegetarian spring rolls & an iced coffee at Lido is the best light lunch
available to mankind today.

Also, last time I was there I had some kind of omelet-like thing, with
onions and herbs in it. It came with a big plate of fresh lettuce and
herbs, and you would roll the omelet up in the lettuce & eat it. I can't
remember what it was called but MAN it was good.

Also the Vietnamese steak is really good too.

--
(-------------------------------------------)
Please send responses to hotb...@neosoft.com

claudius

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

In article <3362E6...@telecheck.com>, hod...@telecheck.com says...

>Erica Klein wrote:
>>
>> I love this place. What do you order there? There is so much on the
>> menu. I've had the pho and the spring rolls, various.
>> Erica
>
>I order:
>House Rolls (absolutely fabulous)
>Special Spice Chicken (lots of chicken)
>Lemon Grass Chicken (old standby)
>Grilled Lemon Grass Chicken (Vietnamese fajitas, watch out, plate's
>hot!)
>Lemon Pepper Shrimp (best I've had)
>Vietnamese Egg Rolls
>Many other things I forget the name of. Most everything in the House
>Specials section of the menu is good. Most everything there tastes just
>a touch better than it does at other Vietnamese places.

Good choices. You might also try the individual soups such as Mi Thap Cam or
the Bun Thit Nuong - grilled pork with rice vermicelli.

clau...@phoenix.net

Eric Hodges

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Anthony Speca

Apr 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/27/97

Where is Lido?
--
Tony
change com to net for personal email

Eric Hodges

Apr 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/28/97

Its at Elgin and Main.

Caroline

May 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/9/97

Have you been at Mia's (one block over on Milan)? If so, how would you
compare them with Lido's. I've never been to Lido's so I need a
reference point. Hopefully it's better than Kim Son (I don't like them
anymore). Do you know if Lido's has Vietnamese hot & sour soup (shrimp,
pineapple, tomatoes, and celery in a wonderful broth)? Mia's doesn't
have it and the restaurant I used to order it from (in Clear Lake)
closed down.

Eric Hodges

May 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/10/97

Mia's? I guess you mean Mai's. My fiance loves Mai's, but I've never liked it. Their chicken dishes are too salty and they
don't use enought white meat. So I like Kim Son better than Mai's. So my refernce points are probably useless to you. Have
an adventure and go to Lido. I know they have soup, but I don't eat much soup. Sorry.

Anubis

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

In article <337349...@bcm.tmc.edu>, Caroline <cpe...@bcm.tmc.edu> wrote:
> ... Do you know if Lido's has Vietnamese hot & sour soup (shrimp,
>pineapple, tomatoes, and celery in a wonderful broth)? ....

Dunno about Lido's, but Nam (Westheimer/Fondren) has this soup and it's as
you say - *wonderful*!!! :-)

--
Larisa Anu...@Starbase.NeoSoft.com
"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or Joseph

Chris Pando

May 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/11/97

Caroline wrote:

... snip ...

> Have you been at Mia's (one block over on Milan)? If so, how would you
> compare them with Lido's. I've never been to Lido's so I need a
> reference point. Hopefully it's better than Kim Son (I don't like them
> anymore). Do you know if Lido's has Vietnamese hot & sour soup (shrimp,
> pineapple, tomatoes, and celery in a wonderful broth)? Mia's doesn't
> have it and the restaurant I used to order it from (in Clear Lake)
> closed down.

To Chau (on Rusk, behind the convention center) has a really good sour
shrimp soup. During the day they are a typical 3.95 lunch special chinese,
downtown office workers, but a night there is not a farang in sight, lots
of vietnamese families and young adults. Char broiled pork with vermicelli,
Singapore style fried noodles, deep fried duck, and truly wonderful
spring rolls.

--
"I thought then - I think now, for that matter - that the worst criminal
who ever walked is morally superior to a hanging judge" -

Howard L. Rushing

May 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/12/97

I find Lido's to have food that tastes better and is more fresh than
Mai's. Just ate ther last night. I had the spicy tofu with rice. I
had them amke it extra spicy. It was great!!!!!
--
Howard L. Rushing
aka Harun al-Rashid

Howard L. Rushing

May 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM5/13/97

Chris Pando wrote:

> ... snip ...
>

> > Have you been at Mia's (one block over on Milan)? If so, how would you
> > compare them with Lido's. I've never been to Lido's so I need a
> > reference point. Hopefully it's better than Kim Son (I don't like them
> > anymore). Do you know if Lido's has Vietnamese hot & sour soup (shrimp,
> > pineapple, tomatoes, and celery in a wonderful broth)? Mia's doesn't
> > have it and the restaurant I used to order it from (in Clear Lake)
> > closed down.

I had the vegetarian version of the above described soup at Lido
yesterday for lunch. It was terrific. Thats two meals there for me in
two days, to bad I have to work tonight . . . hehehehehe.