Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Dave Ottley

não lida,
23 de fev. de 2012, 21:10:5223/02/2012
para hon...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am writing to let everybody know that the company DiscoveryWorks Global does not pay their subcontractors on time, or at all. They still owe me $27,000 which is approaching 60 days and have not talked to one of my colleagues since late January about a smaller invoice. I am going to have to pay subcontractors before they give me my money (if ever) and so will lose money. I wanted to let everybody know that

DiscoveryWorks Global are NON-PAYERS.

If you know of any other lists where I can notify other translators could you let me know them?

Also, if you have worked with DiscoveryWorks and been paid or not paid could you let me know? If you have something outstanding with them, we can combine our efforts.

Best of luck and may we wish for a future where we all get paid on time :D

- Dave Ottley

jmarc...@comcast.net

não lida,
23 de fev. de 2012, 21:56:1223/02/2012
para hon...@googlegroups.com
Dave Ottley wrote:

I am writing to let everybody know that the company DiscoveryWorks Global does not pay their subcontractors on time, or at all. They still owe me $27,000 which is approaching 60 days and have not talked to one of my colleagues since late January about a smaller invoice.
[snip]
If you know of any other lists where I can notify other translators could you let me know them?
[snip]

Dave,

This issue came up here not long ago (not sure which agency it was; it may have been DiscoveryWorks), and Ben Barrett kindly responded here then with a list of available resources. I have recycled Ben's post below for your reference.

Good luck to you in collecting, that is an awful lot of money.

John Marchioro

I went to Adam Rice's Honyaku page and found a link to Ted Wozniak's "Ensuring Payment (http://www.ata-divisions.org/GLD/docs/beitr%E4ge/payment.pdf).

I looked at his resources. Here they are with updated URLs:

Black and White List (http://www.gotranslators.com/) - must be a member, no fee required
Blue Board (proz.com) - must be a paid member
TranslatorsCafe.com - must be a member, no fee required
Payment Practices (http://www.paymentpractices.net/About.aspx) - fee-based
Blacklisted Translation Outsourcers (www.translationdirectory.com/non-payers.htm) - fee-based
Translator Client Review List (http://tcrlist.com/) - fee-based
Transpayment (http://groups.google.com/group/transpayment) - free group
Tradpayeur (finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/tradpayeur) - free French language group
Betaalmoraal (groups.yahoo.com/group/betaalmoraal) - free Dutch language group
Zahlungspraxis (http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/zahlungspraxis/) - free German language group

The Payment Practices is probably the best group in terms of volume and organization, though I have no idea these days.

Any others or corrections? (I didn't log in to each to make sure I was 100% correct about whether a resource is fee-based.) We should perhaps put these up on Adam's page for easy reference.

Benjamin Barrett

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Honyaku Mailing list.

Michael Fletcher

não lida,
24 de fev. de 2012, 08:09:3924/02/2012
para hon...@googlegroups.com

I am a member of Payment Practices and there was an inquiry to DiscoveryWorks on the 24th of January but no responses yet.

[...]

A mensagem foi excluída

Dave Ottley

não lida,
14 de mar. de 2012, 21:10:1914/03/2012
para hon...@googlegroups.com
Naoki,

Please contact me at dot...@ottleygroup.com

I would recommend calling Nancy Hom and demanding your money now, and mention my name.

If they don't pay soon I am suing them. I think we can initiate a class action lawsuit in the US.

Make sure to give them an entry of 1 on the Proz.com blue board, and make negative posts about them here on Honyaku.

If they don't pay, I look forward to collaborating with you to get our money back.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Naoki Watanabe <naok...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

DiscoveryWorks Global owes me over USD750. Its 48 days overdue.

Best regards,
Naoki Watanabe

Steven P. Venti

não lida,
14 de mar. de 2012, 21:49:4714/03/2012
para hon...@googlegroups.com
> Make sure to give them an entry of 1 on the Proz.com blue board, and make
> negative posts about them here on Honyaku.

I think that discussions of a general nature, including asking people if they
have any information about a specific agency, are perfectly on topic for this
mailing list.

On the other hand, even though I am not at this time particularly concerned
about the prospect of this mailing list or its administrators being the target
of legal action by aggrieved parties, I do think that statements such as the
one above are best made in private and not on a public mailing list that
anyone with access to Google can find.

Insofar as there are numerous other forums dedicated to the issue of payment
practices, it would be appreciated if discussions such as this one were
limited to exchanges of general information and statements of fact.

Steve Venti, on behalf of

Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar