hobofields and STI

FredO

Mar 13, 2009, 3:29:23 PM3/13/09
to Hobo Users
I have been using hobo-fields for some time now.

I have a model-class, 'organizations', and I have created 2 derived
classes from 'organizations',
'client' and 'vendor' each of which has its own plethora of
relationships, but each of which add no no additional attributes
to those defined in 'organization'.

So neither of these two new class require hobo_fields, and neither
contains a 'fields' statement.

So, if I drop the database and re-run script/generate hobo_migration,
it fails with message:

Could not find table 'organizations'

Any advice as to how to work around this problem?

Tom Locke

Mar 16, 2009, 7:54:07 AM3/16/09
to hobo...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately STI is not properly supported right now. You can mess
about with ignore_models and ignore_tables but that's about all.

Tom

Bryan Larsen

Mar 16, 2009, 10:00:57 AM3/16/09
to Hobo Users
That's unfortunate. On my project, I've been using STI successfully.
However, I've never dropped my database, because it's very expensive
(>6 hours!). I'll have to do that eventually to clean out some cruft
though. I created a ticket and updated the recipe with this info.

Bryan Larsen

Apr 9, 2009, 7:44:48 PM4/9/09
to Hobo Users
Fred,

I pushed a bug fix to github. Would you mind seeing if this fixes
your problem?

thanks,
Bryan