extra comma

1 view

Bryan M

Jan 8, 2010, 12:15:51 PM1/8/10
to Hobo Users
/hobo/rails_generators/hobo_rapid/templates/hobo-rapid.js
Line 715 has an extraneous comma that breaks pages in ie7

Can somebody please fix this?

Bryan Larsen

Jan 8, 2010, 1:18:48 PM1/8/10
to Hobo Users
Git tells me I broke it on December 10th. Thanks for pointing that
out, I'll push a fix.

thanks,
Bryan

Bryan M

Jan 8, 2010, 4:53:27 PM1/8/10
to Hobo Users
Thanks, Bryan!

Now that I've got the page at least loading right in IE7, I've run
into some other problems with hobo-rapid.js that I think might be
related to the issue discussed in http://www.prototypejs.org/learn/extensions
. I get "Object doesn't support this property or method" on stuff
like this:

li.childWithClass("buttons").childWithClass("add-item").addClassName
("hidden");

Bryan Larsen

Jan 8, 2010, 6:06:23 PM1/8/10
to Hobo Users
Ugh. I'll take a look into it. Hobo 0.9.102 should work better for
you. (make sure to update to a matching hobo-rapid.js).

thanks,
Bryan

On Jan 8, 4:53 pm, Bryan M <bryan.mcgu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Bryan!
>
> Now that I've got the page at least loading right in IE7, I've run
> into some other problems with hobo-rapid.js that I think might be

> related to the issue discussed inhttp://www.prototypejs.org/learn/extensions

Bryan M

Jan 8, 2010, 6:17:45 PM1/8/10
to Hobo Users
The following is no good in IE

Element.prototype.childWithClass = function(klass) {
[ . . . ]
}

I got it to work by replacing with this:

Element.Methods.childWithClass = function(el, klass) {
var ret=null;
el.childElements().each(function(el2) {
if(ret==null && el2.hasClassName(klass)) ret=el2;
});
return ret;
}