OpenSource.HK Weekly Newsletter (2014.06.16)

Webmaster - opensource.hk

Jun 18, 2014, 4:25:41 AM6/18/14
to opensource...@googlegroups.com, hk...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We start to distribute weekly e-Newsletter on every Monday from this week.

OpenSourceHK.hack.03 @ The Loft (2014.06.21)

Next OpenSource.HK Hackathon will be hosted on this Saturday (2014.06.21) from 11am to 9pm at The Loft co-working space. HK$150 / head will be charged for venue and dinner. Thanks for The Loft to sponsor the venue. Please RSVP on Facebook [1] or Google Form [2]

Hong Kong Open Source Conference announced tentative dates and website

Tentative dates of next Hong Kong Open Source Conference is 2015.05.15-16, let's mark down on your calender! and we will start to publish more announcements soon this week.

Website of HKOSC 2015 is http://2015.opensource.hk [3]

Raspberry Pi based private cloud storage devices running Linux

Original discussion on HKLUG facebook [4], a link [5] of Sherlybox a kickstarter project was shared. A week later, David created a 45MB-only openwrt SD image [6] for RPi which can do same idea.

Interviews of Linus Torvalds on Business Insider

Business Insider posted a interviews [7] of Linus Torvalds to share his opinions on Linux, Patent System, etc. Chinese version [8] is also available.

Job Board at job.opensource.hk

9 new job vacancies are posted to OSHK job board last week.

Next Level - Web Developer Intern
19 Degree = Frontend Web App Developer
Innopage - Android Apps Developer
Zizsoft - Web Developer / Programmer, IT Support, Mobile App Developer, Web Designer
PantaRei - Programmer, Web Designer

Please check out details on job.opensource.hk [9]

Posting your job ad on job board and next newsletter ?

If you're interested, please post your job ad on job.opensource.hk on/before every Friday 17:00 HKT, we will distribute some job ad on next newsletter on Monday.

Volunteer Wanted: Join our press team

We would like to look for volunteers to join our press team to write weekly e-newsletter, online content on website and social media, and press release, etc. Please email to pr...@opensource.hk .

Suggestions or Comments

For any suggestions or comments, please email to pr...@opensource.hk .