Netanyahu In 2001: 'America Is A Thing You Can Move Very Easily'

ltl...@hotmail.com

Jul 18, 2010, 3:44:17 PM7/18/10
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/16/netanyahu-in-2001-america_n_649427.html

---------------------------
Netanyahu In 2001: 'America Is A Thing You Can Move Very Easily'

A newly released video of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
could add some additional strain to the sometimes tense relationship
between him and President Obama.

In the video, which is from 2001, Netanyahu -- who reportedly did not
know his speech was being recorded -- speaks frankly in Hebrew about
relations with the Clinton White House and the peace process.

As noted in Haaretz, Netanyahu seems to boast of his knowledge of the
US by saying, "I know what America is. America is a thing you can move
very easily, move it in the right direction. They won't get in their
way."

He also boasts of manipulating the U.S. in the ongoing peace process,
as the Washington Post points out:

"They asked me before the election if I'd honor [the Oslo accords],"
he said. "I said I would, but ... I'm going to interpret the accords
in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping
forward to the '67 borders. How did we do it? Nobody said what defined
military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far
as I'm concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone.
Go argue."
The video was broadcast on a TV program called "This Week With Miki
Rosenthal" titled "The Real (And Deceitful) Face of Benjamin
Netanyahu." In Israel's Haaretz newspaper, columnist Gideon Levy said
of the video:

These remarks are profoundly depressing. They bear out all of our
fears and suspicions: that the government of Israel is led by a man
who doesn't believe the Palestinians and doesn't believe in the chance
of an agreement with them, who thinks that Washington is in his pocket
and that he can pull the wool over its eyes. There's no point in
talking about Netanyahu's impossible rightist coalition as an obstacle
to progress. From now on, just say that Netanyahu doesn't want it.
---------------------------

Is Washington in Israel's pocket? If so, why?

RichAsianKid

Jul 18, 2010, 10:33:50 PM7/18/10

Hey have you read Kevin MacDonald? I confess I should have read him more
often. Sometimes universalist rhetoric may not be all they seem.

ltl...@hotmail.com

Jul 19, 2010, 9:12:57 AM7/19/10
On Jul 18, 10:33 pm, RichAsianKid <RichAsian...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 18/07/2010 3:44 PM, ltl...@hotmail.com wrote:
>

> >http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/16/netanyahu-in-2001-america_n_...

Please give a headup on his writings.

RichAsianKid

Jul 19, 2010, 10:22:45 PM7/19/10

Here's a start, nonspecifically and quite generally:
http://www.kevinmacdonald.net/books.htm