$25 with coupon -- eZ430-Chronos Wireless Watch Development Tool (915 MHz US Version)

pezman

Dec 2, 2009, 8:51:46 PM12/2/09
to Hive76 Discussion
http://www.ti-estore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=EZ430-Chronos-915

Use coupon code MCU2009-06 when checking out ...

Somehow I want to make a Dick Tracy joke at this point ...

Ryan Barnes

Dec 2, 2009, 9:18:03 PM12/2/09
to hive76-d...@googlegroups.com
Oh man, I'm forwarding this to my loving family who have money and would like to buy me Christmas presents. (Why they would do that, I don't know.)

-Ryan Barnes,
215 839 8738
thelowtech.com

pezman

Dec 3, 2009, 7:20:28 AM12/3/09
to Hive76 Discussion
I got to thinking how cool it might be to use two of these for air
drumming or air guitar (could probably convert accelerations into
positions and from there determine which drum is being hit or
approximately where you are on the fret-board, power-chord-wise).
Even with just one, air trombone might be a possibility.

Or imagine putting one one each wrist and each ankle of your favorite
crumper and converting the accelerations into music (one crumper +
three axes * four watches = infinite possibilities)

Out of the box, it apparently has an "air-mouse" ability, so you can
control your Windows machine from a safe distance.

On Dec 2, 9:18 pm, Ryan Barnes <rybar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh man, I'm forwarding this to my loving family who have money and would
> like to buy me Christmas presents. (Why they would do that, I don't know.)
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM, pezman <mikehoga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >http://www.ti-estore.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_C...
>
> > Use coupon code MCU2009-06 when checking out ...
>
> > Somehow I want to make a Dick Tracy joke at this point ...

pezman

Dec 13, 2009, 2:00:25 PM12/13/09
to Hive76 Discussion
Looks like it's possible to get a CC430 development kit if you want to
make peripheral devices that can talk to the watch:

http://www.ti-estore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=EM430F6137RF900

Not cheap and not yet available though

pezman

Dec 30, 2009, 9:49:01 PM12/30/09
to Hive76 Discussion
I know a few floks ordered this. Anyone else hear anything? Mine is
still listed as back-ordered at the TI-eStore

Ryan Barnes

Dec 30, 2009, 9:50:09 PM12/30/09
to hive76-d...@googlegroups.com
Same here. Should be here soon apparently though.
Sent from my BlackBerry