Membership. lots of text, lots of details. Oh noes.....

1 view

Far McKon

Aug 28, 2009, 1:16:41 PM8/28/09
to hive76-d...@googlegroups.com
We talked Wednesday about membership, and here is the rough write up
on it that I made. Adam[0] checked it before I sent it out.

I will be putting this on a wiki this weekend, and posting the link,
to make it easier to make edits/suggestions/discussion.

- Far
=============================
Hive 76 Membership Levels

Core Membership:
What you give:
$100 a month
4 hours a month working on a Hive76 project/event.
2 Class,Events, or skill-shares managed/hosted/run a year
What you get:
24/7 access to Hive76 for personal
Automatic permission to have group events (5+ people)
Core Members have priority on equipment and tools
The right to vote on and can block organization decisions*
A private footlocker for storing personal items at the space.
At-Cost use of tools and consumable parts (MakerBot, etc)
Permission to use all space equipment and tools (once trained)
The ability to check out some tools.
First dibs schwag and stuff.

Basic Membership:
What you give:
$50 a month,
2 hours a month working on Hive76 Project/Event.
1 Class,Event, or skill-shares managed/hosted/run a year
What you get:
24/7 Access to Hive 76 for personal projects (sign-in *required*)
Minimum overhead cost for classes or events run at Hive.
The right to use any/all equipment when a Core Member is not using it
The right to vote on organization decisions*
1/2 of a shared locker for on site storage.
Can request the space for group events (5+ people)
Permission to use all space equipment and tools (once trained)

Lite Membership:
What you give:
$10 a month & 2 hours a month working on a Hive76 project/event.
or $30 a month and 0 project time
What you get;
Access to the space During:
- classes or event (related or unrelated) is going on
- A Core member is at the space
- All Open Hours (Wednesdays and 1 Saturday a month)
Private contact info for one Core Member to help
coordinate access/use at other times
Permission to use most space equipment and tools (once trained)
The right to be involved in organization decisions*

Voting: ==============
For major space decisions, Core Members + Basic Members vote. A plan
is passed by 3/4 majority. Core Members can block if they absolutely
can't live with the outcome. A 'block' can be overridden if everyone
else (except that one core member) votes to override it. Lite members
are encouraged to be part of decision making, and can participate in
discussion. Their votes are recorded and announced, but don't count
towards the 3/4 majority.

Joining:
As a Lite member:
Just Ask! Or better, have a Core or Basic member sponsor you. A
notice will be sent out on the
mailing list along with an introduction by you. Unless there is an
objection, you will be a member as of the next Monthly meeting. If
there is an objection, there will be an offical vote and decision at
the next monthly meeting.

As a Basic member:
TBD

As a Core member:
TBD

Meetings: ==============
Hive runs based on a simplified SCRUM system. Every Wednesday is a
10-15 min 'scrum' meeting which is a quick update on the past week,
and quick plan for the next week. Members are encouraged to come or
call in
to hear what is going on, share their news, and catch up.

Every 4-5 weeks is a 'Monthly meeting' where we wrap up the month and
vote on topics that need a vote. This is also where we discuss new
Members and Memberships, and plan in more detail. All members are
*strongly* encouraged to come, or at least call in for discussion and
votes.

Once a year we have a 'Board Meeting' (which will be required once
we're a nonprofit), followed by a BBQ or Party. The 'Board Meeting'
will probably take all day, and will be planning for bigger things to
come. This is where we BS, dream big, and remember how awesome the
past year was.

Adam Elkins

Aug 28, 2009, 7:22:26 PM8/28/09
to hive76-d...@googlegroups.com
added to the wiki: http://wiki.hive76.org/Membership_Information
--
Thanks,

Adam

                      - You live and learn. At any rate, you live