The future of PHP-FPM - Andrei, please come out :)

Michael Shadle

Jun 18, 2009, 4:47:39 PM6/18/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
As I mentioned in my previous email...
http://tinyurl.com/php-fpm-future

I'd like to keep extending PHP-FPM.

However, after talking to Rasmus in person right now, he said there is
no gating factor other than the license. If Andrei himself switched it
even to LGPL and got it into PECL that would get it adopted quicker.

So Andrei, -please- help us out here. Change the license to something
else, and we can get the rest of it moving...

I'll personally drive everything I can.

Andrei Nigmatulin

Jun 18, 2009, 5:12:30 PM6/18/09
On Friday 19 June 2009 00:47, Michael Shadle wrote:
> As I mentioned in my previous email...
> http://tinyurl.com/php-fpm-future
>
> I'd like to keep extending PHP-FPM.
>
> However, after talking to Rasmus in person right now, he said there is
> no gating factor other than the license. If Andrei himself switched it
> even to LGPL and got it into PECL that would get it adopted quicker.

Ok, it's BSD now.

Guys I'm really very very sorry, but I can not support the code nor develop it
any further.

The php-fpm idea was great, but I have to switch to another very interesting
project.

Also I'm sorry for keeping silence so long !

Good luck to you all and thank you for using php-fpm ! ;-)

--
Andrei Nigmatulin
GPG PUB KEY 6449830D

Now I lay me down to sleep(3)
Pray the OS my core to keep
If I die before I wake
Pray the Disk my core to take

Michael Shadle

Jun 18, 2009, 5:44:37 PM6/18/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

I'll inform Rasmus, see what is needed other than your email saying
"okay it's BSD"

I am totally up for taking over ownership of the code and sponsoring
pushing it into PECL. Although I cannot code it, I will make sure it
gets maintained.

Andrei, would you allow me to take over the php-fpm.* domains? We can
discuss it in private...

I thank you for your work. You personally took care of the majority of
my fastcgi management ideas. I want to keep it carrying forward and
will find coders and money for donations to keep this thing chugging
along, if you would like.

I have been selling php-fpm to everyone, I use it on every server I
have. Everyone who uses it, loves it.

I would love to take this on for you. Let me know.

Davy Campano

Jun 18, 2009, 5:53:00 PM6/18/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
I also just want to extend thanks to Andrei for the work he has done on this project.  We use it on our web servers and love it and would love to see this project continue and gain even more adoption.

Thanks!

Davy