Andrei, plz release new patch for php 5.2.9

高春辉

Mar 1, 2009, 11:39:37 AM3/1/09
to highload-php-en
:)

Nanu

Mar 3, 2009, 11:07:00 PM3/3/09
to highload-php-en
I'm waiting for it too : ) come on~~~

On 3月2日, 上午12时39分, 高春辉 <gaochun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> :)

mar...@hyves.nl

Mar 5, 2009, 7:58:07 AM3/5/09
to highload-php-en
I made a simple change to the patch to get it working under 5.2.9, I
couldn't find any upload functionality in this group so I stored it
via http://www.2shared.com/file/5008466/4549200/php-fpm.html (click
the "Save file to your PC" at the bottom of the page).

Neves

Mar 17, 2009, 8:57:22 PM3/17/09
to highload-php-en
Thanks!

But for small files like this, please use a free service like drop.io
that is much easier.

高春辉

Mar 26, 2009, 3:29:23 AM3/26/09
to highload-php-en
NOW, 5.3.0 RC1 was released too... :(

Michael Shadle

Mar 26, 2009, 4:19:49 AM3/26/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
well he has had a patch for 5.3.0 up for a bit i think, but if i was
him i'd just wait until it's out of RC.

especially since he seems to have disappeared for a bit with a 5.2.9 patch.

i'd rather him spend time on stable releases as he only can do so much :)

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim

Mar 26, 2009, 6:27:04 AM3/26/09
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Michael Shadle <mik...@gmail.com> wrote:

> well he has had a patch for 5.3.0 up for a bit i think, but if i was
> him i'd just wait until it's out of RC.
>
> especially since he seems to have disappeared for a bit with a 5.2.9 patch.
>
> i'd rather him spend time on stable releases as he only can do so much :)

yeah, man. It's not like he's some paid person taking requests for us...

-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not help."

Usu

Mar 29, 2009, 10:50:03 AM3/29/09
to highload-php-en
Thank you very much, that did the trick.

iberkner

Apr 1, 2009, 10:11:01 AM4/1/09
to highload-php-en
I compiled php 5.2.9 with 5.2.8 patch is that an issue? seems to be
working?

thanks

nagual

Apr 2, 2009, 4:30:16 AM4/2/09
to highload-php-en
http://www.sendspace.com/file/xnwu8l
Compile ok.
Need test.

UrosG

Apr 2, 2009, 4:01:51 PM4/2/09
to highload-php-en
I tried this one but it faild when patching. php-fpm patch goes well
but problem is with freebsd pathc. I tried with original php5 where
patch is ok, but the fail on build with error libtool: link: `sapi/cgi/
fastcgi.lo' is not a valid libtool object

regards

SSSlippy

Apr 4, 2009, 7:41:06 PM4/4/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone made an updated FreeBSD port for php-fpm?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?3,474,805#msg-805

Edho P Arief

Apr 5, 2009, 7:25:27 AM4/5/09
On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 6:41 AM, SSSlippy <nginx...@nginx.us> wrote:

> Has anyone made an updated FreeBSD port for php-fpm?
>
> Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?3,474,805#msg-805

if using 5.2.8 patch works, you can just modify the port yourself. Or
use the patch provided earlier in this thread

SSSlippy

Apr 5, 2009, 10:12:47 AM4/5/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
Ive attempted the port edit and well that turn out well.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?3,474,817#msg-817

Michael Shadle

Apr 5, 2009, 1:21:43 PM4/5/09
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:11 AM, iberkner <iber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I compiled php 5.2.9 with 5.2.8 patch is that an issue?  seems to be
> working?
>
> thanks

Yeah I would like to know, does anyone know if there's going to be
some random little bug that occurs because of this or not?

I don't want to deploy 5.2.9 to production with a small little glitch
due to a version mismatch.

Andrei, help us out... where'd ya go man? :)

Jim Ohlstein

Apr 5, 2009, 2:07:44 PM4/5/09
mike Wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 7:11 AM, iberkner wrote:
> >
> > I compiled php 5.2.9 with 5.2.8 patch is that an
> issue?  seems to be
> > working?
> >
> > thanks
>
> Yeah I would like to know, does anyone know if
> there's going to be
> some random little bug that occurs because of this
> or not?
>
> I don't want to deploy 5.2.9 to production with a
> small little glitch
> due to a version mismatch.
>
> Andrei, help us out... where'd ya go man? :)

I've been using the patch that was originally posted at http://www.2shared.com/file/5008466/4549200/php-fpm.html and don't see a version mismatch other than php-fpm is still listed as 0.5.10. No php related mismatches that I can see. I have it on a few small production sites including the Nginx Forum for the last five days.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?3,474,825#msg-825

Marlon de Boer

Apr 5, 2009, 2:31:18 PM4/5/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
>> I don't want to deploy 5.2.9 to production with a
>> small little glitch
>> due to a version mismatch.
>>
>> Andrei, help us out... where'd ya go man? :)
>
> I've been using the patch that was originally posted at http://www.2shared.com/file/5008466/4549200/php-fpm.html and don't see a version mismatch other than php-fpm is still listed as 0.5.10. No php related mismatches that I can see. I have it on a few small production sites including the Nginx Forum for the last five days.

Patch is running fine on 870 webservers since I posted it. If you look
at the part of the original 5.2.8 patch which fails you will see it's
code the php guys included them selfs in the 5.2.9 release.

Regards
Marlon

Michael Shadle

Apr 5, 2009, 3:49:09 PM4/5/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
870 servers? drool ;)

okay, i'll take it from you guys and give it a whirl.

Flynn

Apr 12, 2009, 4:07:22 PM4/12/09
to highload-php-en
I downloaded the patch file
http://www.2shared.com/file/5008466/4549200/php-fpm.html

But I don't know how to apply it

I moved the file to /usr/ports/lang/php-fpm/php-fpm.patch
and while in /usr/ports/lang/php-fpm I did:

patch < php-fpm.patch

...but it asked me which file to patch, and that's where I am at atm.

How exactly would this file be applied, and do I patch PHP 5.2.9 or
PHP-FPM?

SSSlippy

Apr 18, 2009, 11:38:23 AM4/18/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
Normally a patch applied with a compile of php.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?3,474,1163#msg-1163

iberkner

May 18, 2009, 11:10:37 AM5/18/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
Would someone a bit more experienced provide some more details on this issue?

1. Do you absolutely have to apply the patch in order to use php 5.2.9?

2. I have compiled php 5.2.9 with php-fpm 5.2.8 version and all seems ok?

Are there errors that I should be looking for somwhere?

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?3,474,2148#msg-2148

Juan Fco. Giordana

May 18, 2009, 2:54:38 PM5/18/09
to highloa...@googlegroups.com
Browse the php-fpm mailing list archives. The issue has been covered
several times.