Missing/Unknown Projects

MichaelO

Jan 28, 2010, 11:18:10 PM1/28/10
to hfm-net
Ryan,

I have noticed that WU's 5781 and 5786 are not on the psummary list at
Stanford and show up as unknown in HFM. What's odd is that FAHMon does
recognize these projects and knows their point value. It seems that
FAHMon is getting the data from someplace other than
http://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.html yet when I look in the
config file for FAHMon that's whats listed.

I bring this up because that is the only flaw I have found with HFM so
far other than one client log that got hung. The functionality in HFM
is far superior to FAHMon but the missing projects is an irritation.
Just an FYI if you have any thoughts on the matter.

Regards - Michael

harlam357

Jan 29, 2010, 6:18:03 PM1/29/10
to hfm-net
Hi Michael,

Thank you for using HFM! :-)

I don't know where else FahMon is getting its information as from what
I understand it also downloads from the psummary.html file. The
likely answer is that FahMon downloaded the psummary while those
projects were listed and has maintained their values in its cache
file.

The psummary (and its variants) are the single source for project
information right now when using HFM. As you might expect HFM also
caches this information locally. However, if HFM has never downloaded
the psummary while p5781 or p5786 were available on the psummary,
there is currently no other automatic mechanism to support getting
that information from another source. This is an enhancement I'm
going to look into adding in the near future.

Now, with that said, I do provide (although not well known) an updated
ProjectInfo.tab file (HFM's Project cache) that can be downloaded an
manually placed in the HFM Application Data Folder.

That file can be downloaded from here:
http://hfm-net.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ProjectInfo/ProjectInfo.tab

First, please shutdown HFM, download and save the file in the
following folder (depending on OS), then restart HFM.

* XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\HFM

* Vista / Win7: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\HFM

Once you do this I think you'll find that HFM will recognize those
unknown projects. I just updated the file and confirmed that
information for those projects is available.

Again, I know this situation isn't ideal, but at least there is a
workaround until I can get an alternative Project information source
coded into HFM.

Thank you again for using HFM!
-H

On Jan 28, 10:18 pm, MichaelO <modenwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> I have noticed that WU's 5781 and 5786 are not on the psummary list at
> Stanford and show up as unknown in HFM. What's odd is that FAHMon does
> recognize these projects and knows their point value. It seems that

> FAHMon is getting the data from someplace other thanhttp://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.htmlyet when I look in the

MichaelO

Jan 30, 2010, 11:49:01 AM1/30/10
to hfm-net
I had also posted this on the Folding Forums and Vijay responded
saying that this was a problem in their scripts and that he would pass
this to the developer. His statement was that if a project was out and
being worked, it should still be in the Psummary Page. So, maybe we
will also get a fix their. Thanks for the info. I will give it a try.

> > FAHMon is getting the data from someplace other thanhttp://fah-web.stanford.edu/psummary.htmlyetwhen I look in the

> > config file for FAHMon that's whats listed.
>
> > I bring this up because that is the only flaw I have found with HFM so
> > far other than one client log that got hung. The functionality in HFM
> > is far superior to FAHMon but the missing projects is an irritation.
> > Just an FYI if you have any thoughts on the matter.
>

> > Regards - Michael- Hide quoted text -

MichaelO

Jan 30, 2010, 11:53:49 AM1/30/10
to hfm-net
That did the trick. Thanks for your help.
This conversation is locked