[Heaven] This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'

Visto 0 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Heaven soon

no leída,
14 may 2010, 17:57:1414/5/10
a Heavensoon
This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'
On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report": Senior citizens who dine at the Ed Young Senior Citizens Center in Port Wentworth, Georgia, recently got a taste of something they didn't like with their meal. It was the bitter aftertaste of government intervention. Seniors who purchase meals at the center were told that they could no longer offer verbal prayers of thanksgiving or say grace aloud before their meals. Why? Because those meals are federally subsidized. (You know. That whole "separation of church and state" ploy.)

Even though that order was reversed after this week's show was produced, there are still some powerful lessons to be learned in this episode. I wonder what will happen when the federal government becomes the 'single payer' of our healthcare? I don't know about you, but prayer is a vital part of any visit I make to the doctor!

The Left just loves to trot out their misinterpretation of the "wall of separation" anytime anyone mentions God or Jesus. They claim the utterance of those words by anyone remotely connected with any sort of political governing body in the United States constitutes an establishment of religion, which is prohibited by the First Amendment to the Constitution. However, no one complains when it seems that each and every government official who has occupied office since 9/11 loudly and repeatedly proclaims that "Islam is a religion of peace and love." That sounds to me like a theological judgment. How is that NOT an "establishment of religion?" Oh, I see. The "separation clause" applies only to Christianity. I guess it takes a Liberal lawyer or a sitting judge to see it. You know, they're the ones who tell us that just because we don't see it in the Constitution doesn't mean it's not there!

It's often said that you can tell a lot about a man by looking at his enemies. Ever wonder what it is about Jesus Christ that makes so many go berserk? I'll tell you.

Last weekend, President Obama spoke to the graduating class at Hampton University in Hampton, Virginia. The man who made the internet a cornerstone of his campaign, tweeted (or twitted?) constantly to hundreds of thousands, if not millions of young fans, and used Facebook and other social media to great advantage, told the graduates that they were facing a new world in which they would be bombarded by too much unfiltered information. Further, the man who won election on the promise of 'change', told them that, unfortunately, the breathtaking change caused by this overload of information couldn't be stopped.

His speech seemed to imply that being exposed to all kinds of arguments is a BAD thing. That it might even threaten democracy. It's a far cry from the time Americans treasured a 'multiplicity of voices.' That expansive variety of thought and expression guaranteed that somehow, some way, the truth would be heard. Apparently, that's not what the Obama administration has in mind. In fact, in the financial reform bill, they're seeking to put control of the internet in the hands of the Federal Trade Commission. Think about the almost total control of every aspect of our lives the government has gained through the misapplication of interstate commerce laws! That's a chilling thought. Of course, that's what it's all about.

A few of you have e-mailed to complain that I'm too political on the program. Some say that I should be loving people into the Kingdom of God (and I don't argue with that), rather than warning our nation about what I see looming on the horizon. A couple have told me that I should be supportive of the leadership in our country and trust God to make them see the errors in their thinking. (Imagine saying that to the ancient prophets! They declared the errors directly to the leaders themselves!) Well, this week, I'll explain to you why I continue to sound the alarm about the dangers inherent in the direction this administration is leading our nation, not only in our relationship with Israel, but on many moral, cultural, and spiritual issues. And I'll tell you why I think God expects more from Christian citizens than ordinary ones.

Don't miss this week's 'Report' on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, Inspiration, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.co m. Check your local listings.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

Heaven soon

no leída,
22 may 2010, 13:39:2322/5/10
a Heavensoon

This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'
First, I just want to thank all of you who e-mailed your support for our program this week. Your response to my story, "Christian, Citizen." has been overwhelming. With your continued prayer support and financial support, we'll keep shining the light of truth on the secrets hidden from your view by our government and the mainstream media. And these aren't just political issues, they are life-and-death moral, cultural, and spiritual issues, too.

Please be patient and understanding with us, though. We're just a very small organization with limited resources. And we only broadcast about 26 minutes of content each week. Unfortunately, that means we can't report every story, even stories that are important and need to be covered.

However, if you'll visit my website, www.hallindsey.com, you'll find the top stories of the day. You'll also see that each week I post a couple of features that you may find helpful. "Hal on the Hot Seat" allows me to answer some of the Bible questions you have e-mailed to me. Also, I often post a "Watchman on the Wall" segment that allows me to comment on late-breaking stories I've been unable to include in the television program. Sometimes, I present perspectives that are more pointed than I'm able to share in our over-the-public-airwaves broadcast.

You can also find the current "Hal Lindsey Report" on the front page and past editions archived in our video-on-demand section. And all available at your personal convenience. So check us out.

On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report": As you know, we are seeing events move rapidly toward the isolation and abandonment of Israel by the West. Every day, we learn something new -- and often shocking -- about what's going on behind the scenes in the relationship between America and Israel. And if you've watched this program for any length of time, you know that I believe this shunning of our great ally will not end well for our nation.

But this is more than just a political or foreign policy issue. For America, I believe our relationship with Israel is a matter of national life and death. I firmly believe that we have been blessed as a nation because we have blessed and protected God's people: the Jews and the state of Israel.

But not everyone -- not even every Christian -- believes as I do. In fact, you may be surprised at how many Christians think that Israel and the Jews are no longer a part of God's plan. That implies that we have no obligation to stand by Israel (or even a selfish interest in doing so)! In fact, even in the daily news there is ongoing and vigorous debate in both civic and religious circles over the question, "Should we support Israel?" And if so, "Why?"

I know I've done it before, but it is so critically important for the Church to understand this issue in the closing days of this Age, that I'm going to address that very question again this week. In doing so, I'll also debunk a system of theology that threatens the Church and could actually bring our nation under God's curse because of its disregard for His promises and covenants.

Tune in this week and I'll answer the raging question, "Should we support Israel?" I'll tell you why I believe we must.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, Inspiration, CPM Network, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.co m. Check your local listings.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar