[Heaven] Ontario Premier: 8-Year Olds Will Be Taught Sex Ed

Heaven soon

Apr 21, 2010, 9:24:37 PM4/21/10
to Heavensoon

Ontario Premier: 8-Year Olds Will Be Taught Sex Ed
Dalton McGuinty defended the province's new sex education curriculum Tuesday, saying children as young as eight years old should be learning about a variety of issues, including gender identity and sexual orientation. "I think I speak with an understanding of the information available to children today. They are going to get this information. We [can] provide it in a format and in a venue in which we have some control, or they can just get it entirely on their own and be informed by potentially uninformed sources like their friends at school." The revised curriculum, which will be implemented in Ontario schools beginning in the fall, will see Grade 3 students being taught about gender identity and sexual orientation. This is the first time this topic has been specified in the sex education curriculum. Students in Grade 6 will learn about masturbation and wet dreams while those in Grade 7 will be taught about oral and anal sex.