Selfstarter

Nate Plamondon

Oct 22, 2012, 6:00:33 PM10/22/12
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
In light of our recent CNC funding ordeal, I've been keeping an eye
out for easier solutions. One that's really caught my attention is
Selfstarter, created by a group whose project was rejected by
Kickstarter. Basically, they wanted the style and function without the
Supreme Leaders deciding what survives and what dies.

Pros:
+ we decide what projects we want to happen
+ no fees to kickstarter
+ several payment options available
+ manages pledges/donations
+ makes goals, needs and status clear
+ open source, so it can exactly how we want it to

Cons:
- another service to maintain
- fees to whatever payment provider(s) we choose

What say you? If we had this running, would we use it?
http://selfstarter.us/
--
Nate Plamondon

Jasper Nance

Oct 22, 2012, 6:04:39 PM10/22/12
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
I would 100% use this! I am always sort of wary to promise AND transfer money before voting on items because the tendancy is to just keep it anyway even if the goal wasn't reached and the end item can't be purchased....

Jasper Nance - KE7PHI
Creative and Scientific Imagery
http://www.nebarnix.com/

Will Bradley

Oct 22, 2012, 6:05:51 PM10/22/12
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
To be fair, unless you pay HeatSync via cash/check/billpay, your PayPal/Square/Dwolla payment gets a reasonable fee taken out already. So for the vast majority of donations, the only downside to selfstarter is that one of us has to set it up :)

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Nate Plamondon <nplam...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ryan Mcdermott

Oct 22, 2012, 6:10:28 PM10/22/12
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for finding this Nate.  This is perfect.

-Ryan