Hot Topics Call for Speakers

56 просмотров

Ryan Mcdermott

не прочитано,
20 окт. 2012 г., 15:26:4520.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, guess what!?  IT'S HOT TOPICS TIME!!!

November 15th at 7:00pm.

Blaine, I'm calling you out, you're speaking at this one.

Who else?  What have you been building?  What concepts do you want to explore?  You, yes YOU should step up and talk.

Last time was awesome, we had awesome talks, and the formats were a bit longer than normal.  Here is an example of one of the talks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb67ptRoHl0

-Notrix

Blaine Bublitz

не прочитано,
21 окт. 2012 г., 22:26:4621.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Luis and I will give a talk on IcedDev, for sure.

MIke Syfritt

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 12:30:0822.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
I can talk about rapid prototyping and mold making. Or show off the art stuff I have been doing on the laser.

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 12:26:47 PM UTC-7, Ryan "gibson_" wrote:

Ryan Mcdermott

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 13:08:0122.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Mike: I want to see mold making, that would be awesome :)

So Blaine/Luis - IcedDev
Mike - Mold Making

Who else?  What talks to you want to see?  Call people out!

--

MIke Syfritt

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 13:24:0422.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! OK so I will bring stuff I have finished as well and the product to show the process. How much time do I have?

Will Bradley

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 13:25:2622.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com, Mark Kirschenbaum

I'd like to hear 5 mins from Trunk about taking ideas from prototype to sellable. His inventions seem really cool and practical, and he's been able to pay the bills with them. What failed or succeeded, and why?

--

Ryan Mcdermott

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 13:26:4322.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Try to keep it around 5 minutes, but if you want more time, and your topic needs it, I don't think anybody would have a problem going over that a bit.  (A 45 minute talk probably wouldn't be fun.  A 10 minute talk might).

-Ryan

--

Ryan Mcdermott

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 13:27:1822.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
+1.

--

MIke Syfritt

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 13:29:3222.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Well If I have everything ready ahead of time I can keep it around 5 minutes.

--

Mark Kirschenbaum

не прочитано,
22 окт. 2012 г., 16:34:2922.10.2012
– Will Bradley, heatsy...@googlegroups.com
I'm down for anything. That is a great topic and can surely do that.

I don't know if anyone has done 2 before but I think a fun topic is to show modern day skydiving equipment and demostrate and explain the deployment sequence. (basically opening it up in the lab) ;-) This may be a fun ice breaker topic or one for the end.

Put me down!

Mark 'Trunk' Kirschenbaum

MIke Syfritt

не прочитано,
23 окт. 2012 г., 12:49:1423.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
That would be a great topic. You should do that for sure.

--

Ryan Mcdermott

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 19:16:1925.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Bamp.

Anybody else?  Looks like right now me have:

Mike
Mark
Colin
Blaine/Luis

I'd like to have at least 5, maybe even six.

I have a talk I'd really love to give (about how useful/important trolling is), but I'd much rather see somebody else step up.

Hey...Jasper!  You should talk your glass projects!

--

Will Bradley

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 19:19:0025.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Force Rix/Nate to talk about their hueg rockets :)

--

Jasper Nance

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 19:23:4725.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Does glass count? I just melt things and sometimes it looks cool...

Jasper Nance - KE7PHI
Creative and Scientific Imagery
http://www.nebarnix.com/

MIke Syfritt

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 20:02:1725.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
You should totally melt glass for us at the lab. that would be fun to watch!

--

Ryan Rix

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 20:10:3125.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
I could talk about rockets or I could talk about a personal datalogging project that I've been working on

Ryan Rix -- http://rix.si

Ryan Mcdermott

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 20:13:4325.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Data logging!

--

Ryan Rix

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 20:14:3125.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
That means Nate will have to talk about Rockets ;)

Ryan Mcdermott

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 20:24:2825.10.2012
– heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Nate talked about rockets not last time, but the time before that.

--

Ryan Rix

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2012 г., 20:26:4725.10.2012