Re: [HSL] west side location offer

ยอดดู 74 ครั้ง
ข้ามไปที่ข้อความที่ยังไม่อ่านรายการแรก

Ryan Mcdermott

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 14:02:3322/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Chris, I work RIGHT up the street from you, and would LOVE to be able to come by and use some of this stuff...

When would be a good time to set up a tour?

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:50 AM, afmanufacturing <afmanuf...@aol.com> wrote:
Hello,

I use to be a active member back when you where in gangplank, but i live on the west side. the drive was about a hr or so and soon stopped going. I loved the group just the drive was a killer. I opened the doors about 3 months ago on my shop and was wondering if there would be any interest of a west side location? my retail/industrial building is on 51st ave and the i-10 its 2200sqft with a electronics bull pen, front offices and a huge shop with cnc mills, cnc laths,5x10 cnc rougher, 80w laser, tig welder, pull threw benders,vinyl plotter , inpact printer, vacuum former etc. I would be willing to host and allow use of my equipment after some training. So if there is any west side interest let me know, and maybe we can get something going.

Chris Wilson
ArtForm Manufacturing

--

Paul Hickey

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 14:06:5922/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
I'd love a tour also, could we set something up on an evening like an open house for heatsyncers?

Paul Hickey

Mike Bushroe

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 14:45:1422/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Chris,
  I have been suffering from much the same problem, accept that I am even farther away, at 43rd and Cactus. But if you are willing to setup a 'Heatsync west" I might be able to pull some robotics and woodworking stuff from my own garage and help round out your collection. Google thinks you are about 22 minutes from my house, instead of 50 minutes to HeatSyncLabs.

Mike

afmanufacturing

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 15:14:3622/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
That sounds awsome

Woodworking I'm probably set I just listed some of the larger pieces of equipment I had but I have everything from drill presses to chop saws and jigsaws bandsaws routers... But. robotics however I'm definitely lacking.. I doubt I'm 22 minutes away from 43rd and cactus probably closer to 12min the address is 5614 N. 51st Ave. Artform manufacturing

Chris

ข้อความถูกลบแล้ว

afmanufacturing

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 15:16:4622/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
That's sounds awesome

MIke Syfritt

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 15:23:3122/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
I live in Surprize and would love to see something on the west side.

Nate Plamondon

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 15:23:4522/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder: This board is publicly viewable/searchable, so
posting your phone number here may not be wise. </PSA>
--
Nate Plamondon

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM, afmanufacturing
<afmanuf...@aol.com> wrote:
> That's sounds awesome
>
> --

Will Bradley

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 15:34:4022/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
As far as using the HeatSync name/etc, that would need some community/board discussion, but we are always supportive of more hackerspaces especially in places that need them and I definitely want to check it out! :)

--

Robert Bushman

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 15:37:1722/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
El Mirage here, which has kept me from being as involved in
HSL as I would like. I would be very excited about a west side
branch, and would like to help make it happen however I can.

--
Music Recommendations: http://playlistgolf.com/

MIke Syfritt

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 15:45:2122/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
It's an hour and a half for me every time I want to go to Heatsync. I do it because you guys are the only place in town right now. I would love to help out in any way I can to promote a "Heatsync West"

Tony Brenke

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 15:49:4322/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com

A west location would be great. 101 and Northern for me.

--

Jerry Davis

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 16:29:0622/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
this is about 6 miles closer to me than mesa location.
currently I am here, when I drive my wife to work in scottsdale.
but on other days ... wouldn't it be great to have the choice to go either place?

jerry

Licensed Amateur Radio Operator: K7AZJ
Registered Linux User: 275424
Arduino programmer

Recursion: (noun):
      see: Recursion

afmanufacturing

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 16:38:1922/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Thanks deleted.

Ryan Mcdermott

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 17:11:1522/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Huh, I guess I didn't realize you were wanting to open a "Heatsync West"...

You should just open a space in general and compete with us :)

THAT would be awesome.

--

Will Bradley

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 17:15:4422/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com

Or collaborate! Phoenix is big enough to share :)

--

Jerry Davis

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 17:17:0522/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
we don't need no stinkin competition!
I agree with collaboration.

--

Nate Plamondon

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 17:25:2622/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
complaboration? collampetiton? a balance of both would be neat.
--
Nate Plamondon
> --

Chad Stearns

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 17:28:0922/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Another hackerspace in Phoenix? Sounds awesome!

afmanufacturing

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 17:28:1722/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Compete? I'm offering my industrial building and equipment and tools and not asking for anything in return.. an hour and a half drive from people that live on the west side just doesn't make sense basically three hours round-trip drive for two hours of fun... especially when my own shop is more well-equipped. I went to heatsync/gangplank for the community the people and the projects.. and would love to have that without the 3 Hour round-trip Drive. There is no monetary exchange so where is the competition?

Jacob Rosenthal

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 17:41:3222/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
They meant compete in the fun way. Like challenge eachother to be better.

Calling it heatsync would definitely require everyone to get to know eachother well and deciding what mission and attitudes would be shared across locations. Certainly worth discussing.

However, you could call it AFManufacturingSync Labs and open tonight without anyones permission. Something Im a fan of.

Sounds like theres enough of you to have your first meeting, What day is it going to be?

Mike Bushroe

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 18:11:3622/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like fun. Name the day and I will try to make time to be there. More Places, more people, more projects, more fun!

Mike

Ryan Rix

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 18:47:4122/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
We've wanted a hackerspace that we could have friendly pranking/random nerf
wars with for years now.

;)

I'd love to see a west side space open up. I spent 18 years looking for one on
the west side before I left, make it happen!
--
Ryan Rix
http://rix.si

afmanufacturing

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 18:58:3822/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Oh I totally misread that, LOL in that case everybody knows the west side is the best side, LOL and we will prove it by afixing my spare CO2 laser tube a top of a sharks head.... that's right sharks with freaking laser beams next the moon base.... Props if you know what movie that's from, LOL

Or robot death match Eastside versus Westside safety glasses required..

Ryan Mcdermott

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 19:05:2522/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
:) -- Sorry, yeah, I meant compete in a good way, like we're buddies and drink beer with each other but "compete" to see who can be more laser-sharky.

-Ryan

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 3:58 PM, afmanufacturing <afmanuf...@aol.com> wrote:
Oh I totally misread that, LOL in that case everybody knows the west side is the best side, LOL and we will prove it by afixing my spare CO2 laser tube a top of a sharks head.... that's right sharks with freaking laser beams next the moon base.... Props if you know what movie that's from, LOL

Or robot death match Eastside versus Westside safety glasses required..

--

Will Bradley

ยังไม่อ่าน,
22 ต.ค. 2555 20:47:3622/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com

So when's a good day for you, Chris? :)

--

MIke Syfritt

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 12:48:0923/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Haha! Dr Evil Strikes again.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 3:58 PM, afmanufacturing <afmanuf...@aol.com> wrote:
Oh I totally misread that, LOL in that case everybody knows the west side is the best side, LOL and we will prove it by afixing my spare CO2 laser tube a top of a sharks head.... that's right sharks with freaking laser beams next the moon base.... Props if you know what movie that's from, LOL

Or robot death match Eastside versus Westside safety glasses required..

--

Rick Schultz

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 14:40:2123/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
I'm definitely interested, I'd like to participate more, but the drive from 63rd Ave & Cactus to Mesa is tough on an old coot like me.

afmanufacturing

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 14:51:3923/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Well it definitely appears there is interest so sounds like I should just hold a open house and see what happens, Let me put something together.. but I have a question to through out there if anyone knows the answer and that's liability.. How does heat sync handle the liability of members working on equipment. I have a general liability policy for my business and equipment but I know it definitely doesn't encompass evolving to a hacker space so I'm sure there's got to be some kind of waiver but is there something more to protect everyone involved obviously we're all adults here and yet lawyers are making money every day.. I would love nothing more to develop a west side hacker space on the same hand I don't want to risk my livelihood and business but obviously heatsink has tackled this one so does anyone know how ?

Will Bradley

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 15:00:1823/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com

You've gotta find an insurance company that can find a model for you. We spend a few hundred a year on insurance from a non-profit insurance company that covers instructors and participants. They'll want to see your liability waivers, training/certification policies, tools, number of participants, etc.

On Oct 23, 2012 11:51 AM, "afmanufacturing" <afmanuf...@aol.com> wrote:
[...]

23 ต.ค. 2555 15:12:2523/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com

I'd worry about that after you have an open house and get momentum going though. The lawyers would have you spend all your energy protecting yourself before a single person even shows up at your door. So definitely don't take a few "yeah"s online as commitment, schedule a meeting at your location as step one.

Mike Bushroe

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 15:19:2423/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
So Chris could try founding another 501(c)3 that rents the space and equipment from his company for $1 a year, or something closer to wear&tear and contact the same people for insurance for the separate, hacker space operations? Or could he indeed become HeatSyncLabs West? Do the same and rent his space and equipment to HeatSync, use the same waivers, training and safety documents and procedures (plus extra for unique equipment there) and have HeatSync activities there covered under a rider attached to the current HeatSync Insurance, possibly at an increased annual premium? I for one would be willing to through a few more bucks each month into a 'multi-park pass' for the right to have a storage box and router bits at BOTH locations. RFID or access when Chris is not there would have to be a special issue to resolve as well. But personally I would like the second approach. Teaming, sharing, and cross-pollination. On the other hand, I recognize that in the real world, laws and lawyers and insurance people make some things impractical.

Mike

Will Bradley

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 15:30:4023/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com

These are all possibilities :) I don't recommend trying to get your own 501c3, if you think it's advantageous I would check out Space Federation first because they exist to provide 501c3/insurance benefits. They weren't around when we started. You might not even need non-profit status. And yes, we can talk about sharing HeatSync stuff. But again, let's meet up and see what we look like before planning our future together ;) when's good? Friday night? Saturday? Monday?

--

Chad Stearns

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 15:36:4723/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Lets meet up and talk about it. Ill come. Monday?

-ChadCS

Mike Syfritt

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 15:44:5423/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Well in Interested with out a doubt. An open house on a weekend or something would be a great way to introduce what you are doing.

Make a date and I will be there!

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone
--

Bob Bushman

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 15:47:0723/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Looking forward to the open house. My schedule is
very flexible for the next week.

On 10/23/2012 12:36 PM, Chad Stearns wrote:
> Lets meet up and talk about it. Ill come. Monday?
>
> -ChadCS
>
> On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 12:30:42 PM UTC-7, Will Bradley wrote:
>
> These are all possibilities :) I don't recommend trying to get your
> own 501c3, if you think it's advantageous I would check out Space
> Federation first because they exist to provide 501c3/insurance
> benefits. They weren't around when we started. You might not even
> need non-profit status. And yes, we can talk about sharing HeatSync
> stuff. But again, let's meet up and see what we look like before
> planning our future together ;) when's good? Friday night? Saturday?
> Monday?
>
> On Oct 23, 2012 12:19 PM, "Mike Bushroe" <mbus...@gmail.com
> --

Mike Bushroe

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 18:52:2623/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
I can bring my BBQ like I did last summer for the HeatSync anniversary. Maybe some buggers, hot dogs, bratts. However, this coming weekend I am going to Tucson, so I would not make it on the 27th or 28th.

Mike

Mike Bushroe

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 19:00:0623/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Will, thanks for all the possibilities. However, as Jacob reminded me earlier, get the nozzle extruding plastic before rebuilding a machine around it. So start out with a social get together, see how many of us can find his shop without approach radar :)!

Chris, if we get together for some burgers in your industrial sized man cave and bring some food and drink to share and maybe some projects to show off we don't even have to worry running power tools.

MIke Syfritt

ยังไม่อ่าน,
23 ต.ค. 2555 19:03:5823/10/55
ถึง heatsy...@googlegroups.com