F4H: Health Tips for Valentines Day

Vege Lenny

Feb 13, 2005, 12:41:01 PM2/13/05
to healt...@googlegroups.com
Hello Healthy People,
Welcome to the first edition of Health Tips. I will be sending out
periodic topics of interest to all of you in an effort to keep everyone
eating healthy.
I figured I start things out on a sweet note with Health Tips for
Valentine's Day.

Instead of buying your loved one those sugary heart shaped things that
are no good for your heart or your pancreas try these:

1. Chocolate: some chocolate is ok. In fact, recent research has shown
the possibility that dark chocolate may be heart healthy. Before you
start eating it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (as my mom already
does), remember it still has lots of calories.
TIP: Buy DARK CHOCOLATE that is 60% COCOA. This means that there is
more cocoa than sugar.

2. Wine: How about some heart healthy wine with that chocolate. For a
list of some of my favorite wines see my blog:
http://beactive.blogspot.com
TIP: For a good dessert wine to go with your chocolate try: Framoise
from Bonny Doon Vinyard.

Show him/her that you want to help his/her heart instead of trying to
hurt it.
That's all for now,
Lenny