Health Speaks results: blog post

Health Speaks

Dec 20, 2010, 8:25:24 PM12/20/10
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hello Health Speaks Arabic,

Please visit our blog post to read about the final results of Health Speaks. We had 177 Arabic articles translated, published and reviewed by the deadline, including 3 articles on important reproductive health issues (safe sex, gonorrhea and birth control) that have already been viewed over 20,000 times.

As you know, Google.org pledged to donate 3 US cents per English word translated to Children Cancer Hospital Egypt 57357.  Now, as a special thank you to all of you for your incredible hard work and patience with us as we tested things for the first time, we've also pledged an additional $10,000.  That's a total of $26,611 that will be donated to the hospital as a direct result of this group.

It has been a privilege to work with all of you and I hope you feel very proud of yourselves!   I must also give special congratulations to our top contributors (below), to Mido and Hexacoder from Wikipedia, to Noura for our daily updates, and of course to Khaled for his wonderful reviewing skills and amazing enthusiasm!

Top contributors

Translators:
1. Mammon Zumrawi (19 articles)
2. Fatma Adel (8 articles)
3. Noha Tantawy (6 articles)

Reviewers:
1. Mohanned Hammad (15 articles)
2. Anas Eljamal / Ahmed El-Shanawany (4 articles each)
3. Amer Omar (3 articles)

Enjoy the break and we look forward to working with you on future Health Speaks projects!

Joanne from Health Speaks

Khaled Mokhtar

Dec 21, 2010, 5:17:06 AM12/21/10
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
All Thanks go to you Joanne, Also for Jennifer and Beth for your dedication.

Also we can't forget the wonderful Wael Ghonim for his strategic guidance, and for giving me the opportunity to do this great initiative.

Thanks!

Khaled Mokhtar

Project Manager

Googl
Wikipedia Health Speaks Initiative

IEEE - Egypt Section

GOLD
Egyptian Engineering Day - 2010
Past Chairman
Cell : + 2 0105537471

My profiles: Facebook Twitter

nermin sharabas

Dec 21, 2010, 1:52:24 PM12/21/10
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com, khaled...@gmail.com, dr.sherif abouelnaga, hana....@57357.com, Patricia Pruden
on behalf  of children's cancer foundation 57357 and the children
we thank you all , how it was a great work; we are looking forward to celebrate this achievement and receive the donation, as it was in the launching of the project .

Sincerely
.Nermin Abdelsalam Sharabas
Pharmacist
VOLUNTEER DIRECTOR
CHILDREN'S CANCER HOSPITAL EGYPT 57357
Email:
nermin.sharabas@57357.com
nm...@hotmail.com
contact number:hospital phone number
25351500 ext.3136

From: khaled...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:17:06 +0200
Subject: Re: Health Speaks results: blog post
To: health-spe...@googlegroups.com

Mohamed Ibrahim

Dec 21, 2010, 2:08:34 PM12/21/10
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Joanne (and of course Khaled for his tremendous work), that was really helpful and I really appreciate of all of your efforts at Google.org.
I want to repeat what I've said earlier, this is the best project on Arabic Wikipedia I've seen till now which was conducted by a thrid-party organization or institution, both in terms of quantity and more important in quality.

I guess many of the contributors are already familiar with the Wikipedia editing process, I do encourage you all to continue enriching the Arabic content on Wikipedia specially in the field of health care and medicine.
There are still a LOT of articles to be added to the project, check this page for examples:

Cheers
Mido
--
- Arabic Wikipedia: http://ar.wikipedia.org/  "Share your knowledge"

Abdel Rahman Gamal

Dec 22, 2010, 5:06:40 PM12/22/10
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you all for your efforts,

I agree with mido this project was different in a good way :D

Khaled is a great project manager I was honored to work with him.

and all the volunteers really I enjoyed all your work and quality.You should all be proud, and these article you contributed will be there for like forever with people benefiting from it and may be wishing those who are behind the scenes all the best :D

You are really the "Unknown soldier" our Wikipedia world.

Thank you Noura Shawky for your nice lists and reminders they kept me in touch all the time.

I really would be honored to meet you all in person may be in first term vacation -If Khaled could help arrange something for us- where we can see what we can do as a next step.

Thank you Joanne, Jennifer and Beth for being nice, committed and understanding and for the EXTRA 10 000 :D

in the end thank you Wael AKA "The master mind" :D you have helped us in Arabic Wikipedia a lot.

Best of luck to you all,

Looking forward to meeting you,

--
Abdel Rahman Gamal

http://ar.wikipedia.org, Share your knowledge

Abdel Rahman Gamal

Dec 22, 2010, 5:26:19 PM12/22/10
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
And last thing,

in the end you can sit back and think, "My words/donations might save a soul"

قال تعالى
{
ومن أحياها فكأنما أحيا الناس جميعا }
المائدة -32-

In the Holy Qur'an,

Chapter 5 (Al Ma'eda) verse 32:

(
whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.)

Khaled Mokhtar

Dec 23, 2010, 3:03:07 AM12/23/10
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mido and AbdelRahman for making this happen, really that was impressive from all of you.

This project will not be that last, it is just a start for starting a wider usage of Arabic information online.

Thanks Dears. !
Khaled

Khaled Mokhtar

Project Manager

Googl
Wikipedia Health Speaks Initiative

IEEE - Egypt Section

GOLD
Egyptian Engineering Day - 2010
Past Chairman
Cell : + 2 0105537471

My profiles: Facebook Twitter

Noura shawkY

Dec 25, 2010, 2:56:39 PM12/25/10
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com

Hey all!!

I am geuinely proud of the acheivemnt we all made together!

This project has been part of my life for quite a long time ! I really enjoyed it!
I am looking forward for more similar projects where we can help our community in a way or another!

Thank you Joanne, Jennifer, Beth and Khaled for putting this project together. Thank you to all the contributers who helped make the huge achivment.

I strongly support the idea of a gathering where we can all meet and get to know each other alittle more and most of all, CELEBRATE! :))

Looking forward to meeting you all !

Regards,
Noura Shawky

2010/12/23 Khaled Mokhtar <khaled...@gmail.com>

--
Noura Shawky
Vice- President

Wael Ghonim

Dec 26, 2010, 6:58:47 PM12/26/10
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com

Great to hear that the project went well. Google arabia will always be committed to support Wikipedia growth. More to come soon.

Please update me with the plans for the 10 years anniversary celebration.

On Dec 23, 2010 12:27 AM, "Abdel Rahman Gamal" <hexa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And last thing,
>
> in the end you can sit back and think, "My words/donations might save a
> soul"
>

> *قال تعالى
> { **ومن أحياها فكأنما أحيا الناس جميعا
> *<http://www.islamweb.net/newlibrary/display_book.php?flag=1&bk_no=17&ID=2210#docu>
> * }

> المائدة -32-
>
> In the Holy Qur'an,
>
> Chapter 5 (Al Ma'eda) verse 32:
>

> (*whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the
> land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. *And whoever saves one -
> it is as if he had saved mankind entirely.**)
> *

>>> <http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%88%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%8A%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%A7:%D8%A3%D8%B3%D8%A8%D9%88%D8%B9_%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D9%8A%D9%83%D9%8A/%D8%B7%D8%A8>

>>> Mido

Dzu Yezan Atif

Apr 3, 2011, 6:23:12 AM4/3/11
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr.Khalid Mokhtar
  We have done the wikibidia project in health speaks  subjects and we wet till now to have our money .kindly tell us what is the matter of delay , our direct mobile is 00967777270129
Best wishes
DZYAZEN
ATTIF
MOHAMED ATTIF ALAWI

Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:25:24 -0800
Subject: Health Speaks results: blog post
From: health.s...@gmail.com
To: health-spe...@googlegroups.com

Health Speaks

Apr 4, 2011, 12:46:15 PM4/4/11
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your email. A reminder that participation in Health Speaks was on a volunteer basis, and no individuals received any compensation for their contribution. Instead, we donated $26,611 to Children Cancer Hospital Egypt 57357 on behalf of all our Arabic volunteers.

Best wishes,
Joanne from Health Speaks

Hassan Mastor

Apr 4, 2011, 5:45:31 PM4/4/11
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
 الاخ   خالد
 تحياتى
 تأكيد ا  لما قاله الاخ يزن  نحن فى انتظار  فلوسنا  مقابل الجهد الذى بذلناه فى الترجمه وحسب وعدك لنا  إننا سنستلم فور الانتهاء من الترجمه  أرجو شاكرا ومقدرا الافاده
اخوكم  حسن مستور
صنعاء
--
حسنمستور

Khaled Mokhtar

Apr 4, 2011, 7:28:22 PM4/4/11
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com, Hassan Mastor
أستاذ حسن

أنا لم أعدكم بمقايل عن هذا المشروع

العمل كان تطوعياً من جميع أعضاء المجموعة

شكراً

ghada baz

Apr 5, 2011, 3:29:58 AM4/5/11
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com, Khaled Mokhtar, Hassan Mastor
To Mr.Yazen & Mr.Hassan
No body promised us that " We will receive money for our contribution in this project "
it was a volunteer work.

2011/4/5 Khaled Mokhtar <khaled...@gmail.com>

--

Ghada Ali

nm aaas

Apr 5, 2011, 10:36:29 AM4/5/11
to health-spe...@googlegroups.com
yes  that  was volunteer <& i want to participate  next time if you will open the project again

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 10:29:58 +0300
Subject: Re: We waitting our money
From: ghada...@gmail.com
To: health-spe...@googlegroups.com
CC: khaled...@gmail.com; h.mas...@gmail.com

To Mr.Yazen & Mr.Hassan
No body promised us that " We will receive money for our contribution in this project "
it was a volunteer work.

2011/4/5 Khaled Mokhtar <khaled...@gmail.com>
ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½

ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½

ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½

ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½

2011/4/4 Hassan Mastor <h.mas...@gmail.com>
 ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½   ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½
 ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½
 ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½  ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½  ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½  ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½  ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½  ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½  ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½ï؟½