HBRC 2013 Club Bot: Motor + Wheels Order

Wayne C. Gramlich

Mar 1, 2013, 10:30:25 PM3/1/13
to hbrobotics, Wayne C. Gramlich
All:

We are getting ready to order some gear motors and wheels for
the HBRC 2013 Club Bot class. As I mentioned at the HBRC meeting
on Wednesday, we are going to allow people who wish to tag along
with the order to do so. If you are in the class, your robot kit
fee already includes the needed motors and wheels. This offer is
primarily for people who are *not* in the class.

The motors and wheels are going to be ordered from SolarBotics.

The gear motors are the GM3 motors:

https://solarbotics.com/product/gm3/

The wheels that attach directly to the GM3 motors are:

https://solarbotics.com/product/gmpw/

All the wheels that we order are going to be the same color -- blue.
If Solarbotics kicks back and says that they do not have enough in
blue, we will order some other color. I will *NOT* respond to wheel
color questions or complaints.

Here are the rules:

1) You must be a member of HBRC. If you are not a member, please
send $10 to "trea...@hbrobotics.org". The $10 is for either
an individual or an entire family.

2) For the tag-along order, each GM3 gear motor will cost $5 and
each wheel will be $3. The difference between what SolarBotics
charges and what we charge will be applied to shipping.

3) The following step describe how to send money to HBRC so that HBRC
is not charged fees by PayPal. If for any reason any of the step do
not work, use what ever method you can to send the money but add 3%
to the amount to cover PayPal fees. (I.e. multiply by 1.03 .)

A. Log in to your PayPal account.
B. Select the Send Money tab and click Send Money Online.
C. In the Send Money form, in the To field enter
trea...@hbrobotics.org. Enter the appropriate amount
in the Amount field. Select the Personal tab. Select
the Other category.
D. In the "Review your payment" form, change the payment
method to PayPal Balance.
E. In the "Email to recipient" section, type a useful
message saying what you are ordering.
F. Click the yellow Send Money button.

For example, I am ordering 6 motors and 2 wheels.
My total cost is (6 * $5 + 2 * $3 = $30 + $6 = $36.)
The message from step E would be:

"I am ordering 6 motors and 2 wheels."

4) The Step 3 must be performed by 11pm of Sunday March 3rd. The order
goes out on Monday morning. The reason for the rush is to make sure
that the motors and wheels have time to clear the Canadian/US border
in time for the next Club Bot class. (Solarbotics is based in
Canada.)

5) The motors + wheels will be distributed at the HBRC SIG and HBRC
main meetings only. Any motors and wheels that are not picked
up by the May meeting will be raffled off. There will be no
reshipping. Yes, you can deputise somebody to pick your motors
and wheels up if you can not attend. If you can't get yourself
or somebody you deputise to one of the HBRC meetings, do not order
these motors and wheels.

Regards,

-Wayne