ROS_ARDUINO_BRIDGE, Raspberry Pi, Groovy, so happy together.

anfederman@comcast

Mar 4, 2013, 3:08:38 PM3/4/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com, Ubiquity

Following instructions from Patrick's Wiki,  got rosmake to compile in a workspace, there was one unresolved dependency.
This was using the new Raspian image from Kurt,  slightly edited to add workspaces, ssh enabled and various environment variables tweaked to reflect package locations, IP address etc,

Dependency fix:

                sudo easy_install -U pyserial

I followed the wiki instructions and edited the params file to reflect the port (USB0)  and the pin to blink (9 instead of 13).
What was really cool is I didn't have to change the sketch on the Arduino, it was the older version created from fuerte.

The process ran for about 10 minutes until a journal communication problem.  So progress, but I am not sure how many processes the pi can handle before choking.

e...@okerson.com

Mar 4, 2013, 4:11:33 PM3/4/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
If you are using Arduino with Raspberry Pi, you may be interested in AlaMode:

http://wyolum.com/projects/alamode/

Ed Okerson

Patrick Goebel

Mar 5, 2013, 11:22:21 AM3/5/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan F.,

Congratulations!  Note that my last name does not have an "s" on the end of it.  I don't really care but it sounds rather evil that way. ;-)

I have added the dependency on python-serial to the manifest.xml file in the ros_arduino_python package and updated the README file accordingly.

--patrick