"Romibo" Therapy Robot

Camp Peavy

Apr 14, 2013, 4:12:52 PM4/14/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys!
... saw these interesting social robots at the Block Party... http://www.romibo.org/blog/ ... kind of like "Furbies" on wheels or colorful "Tribbles". The young lady running the show, Aubrey Shick, has a good business plan recognizing the therapeutic benefits of robots and moreover robot-building. One of the goals is to make the robot simple enough so it can be assembled by children with their parents... another is to host workshops so Romibos can be assembled and donated to special needs facilities. Open-source plans and files are available on-line; keep your eyes open for a "KickStarter". She's located in Pittsburgh but I invited her to present at one of our meetings when she's in town as presentations are everyone's job.

Thanks,
Camp