Ubiquity Robotics Progress Report.

anfederman@comcast

Mar 15, 2013, 11:07:07 AM3/15/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com

We are making progress with the project.  I've been working on the navigation team.  Patrick's ros_arduino_bridge can work on an RPi, and further more can be controlled from a remote wireless device.

I've got Mike's neato_node running on my laptop in groovy, but haven't got rviz to show me a cloud yet. My next step is to see if I can get the neato_node to work on the RPi.  Does anyone know  if a ros_workspace and a catkin_ws can coexist peacefully?  It seems I can run one or the other but not both at the same time on my Unbuntu 11.10 and AMD-64 laptop.

I give myself 7.5 out of a possible 10 nerd points.

Arthur Wait

Mar 15, 2013, 12:19:25 PM3/15/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Wow, very impressive! I'd say it's definitely more than a 7.5 on the nerd scale. :-)

Patrick Goebel

Mar 15, 2013, 1:08:23 PM3/15/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Agreed.  10/10 on my nerd scale and some major geek cred as well. :))  Also this line:
A jewelers loupe or small electron microscope are useful for reading the number of the chip.
had me rolling on the floor.

Keep up the great work and attitude Alan!

--patrick