Club Turtlebot at Hacker DoJo

anfederman@comcast

May 13, 2013, 5:19:20 PM5/13/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
If anyone knows where the charger for Willie's netbook went,  please illuminate us.  We went ahead and ordered a new one. Just In case.  I loaded the
groovy version turtlebot stacks on my Ububtu (11.10 unsupported) laptop and got the Kinect to start with:

roslaunch turtlebot_bringup 3Dsensor.launch

 I found various .rviz files burried deep in the stacks, and some even look like they may work but no joy with rviz sofar.  Might help if there was an actual turtlebot, but for now just getting the Kinect to work groovy would be fine.  Unfortunately, the plain vanilla openni stacks haven't been updated for groovy as far as I can tell.  (At least the documentation hasn't)

Joe Landau

May 13, 2013, 11:57:45 PM5/13/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Did you order a charger?  I was going to, if Julie couldn't find it (She thought she had seen one).

Joe

anfederman@comcast

May 14, 2013, 8:46:16 AM5/14/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
I did not,  I was hoping someone found it or knew were I was.    I did put the groovy version of he turtlebot software on my laptop.

Joe Landau

May 14, 2013, 12:31:23 PM5/14/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
OK, I haven't heard from Julie, so I'll go ahead and order now, 2-day delivery.

Joe