Neato LDS and ros/rviz. (Fuerte)

anfederman@comcast

Feb 21, 2013, 5:15:33 PM2/21/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if my problem is with rviz or with the neato driver.

I can run my Kinnects (turtlebot bringup  or just the openni launch) and get images from the camera with the ros and rviz,  but it gives me warnings on the point cloud data  -  saying no topic found

I can use the image command and get the depth data though,  and I get rgb camera data displayed in rviz - the main display stays black.  Once upon I time back in diamondback  I did see data here.

For the LDS.

I start the node by:

roslaunch neato_node bringup.launch

and the lds starts running.

I then start rviz  by

rviz rviz -d ...neato_demo.vcg

No error messages,  but the rviz display just stays black.  Data is being acquired.  Since I am not seeing anything in rviz (no grids, no axes,  I am guessing my video driver is messed up somehow, but I now I can display camera data. (Nvidea card in an amd-64 laptop running Ubuntu oneric.)

Is there some other way to get laser data without rviz?  How?

Thanks.