ROS neato node not running in groovy?

anfederman@comcast

Mar 9, 2013, 11:35:30 PM3/9/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone got the ROS Neato node working in Groovy?

I have it working in feurte OK.  But in groovy it is giving me a missing driver declaration.  I've traced it to the

neato_node/node/neato.py  file -  here line 44 says   neato_driver.neato_driver.  And ROS tells me this file cannot be found.

In fuerte the same file, same line asks for just neato_driver   (no .neato_driver)   I tried changer the .py file to look like the fuerte friver with no success.  (The neato.py file has to be edited sometimes to change the USB port name to the correct driver in linux.   It defaults to ACM0,  but my port is USB0.

I got it via git -  set it into a workspace, did the init, rosdep update, etc.

Michael Ferguson

Mar 9, 2013, 11:36:37 PM3/9/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Please post the EXACT error message as printed to the console.

Michael Ferguson

Mar 9, 2013, 11:37:52 PM3/9/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
And yes, that has changed to neato_driver.neato_driver in order to make it work with catkin/setup.py install methods.

-Fergs

Michael Ferguson

Mar 9, 2013, 11:42:34 PM3/9/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
In fuerte the same file, same line asks for just neato_driver   (no .neato_driver)   I tried changer the .py file to look like the fuerte friver with no success.  (The neato.py file has to be edited sometimes to change the USB port name to the correct driver in linux.   It defaults to ACM0,  but my port is USB0.

You should NOT edit neato.py for this -- instead you should set the proper parameters. For instance, if starting from command line:

rosrun neato_node neato.py _port:=/dev/ttyACM0

I got it via git -  set it into a workspace, did the init, rosdep update, etc.

-Fergs

G. Kudryavtseva(2)

Mar 10, 2013, 12:49:56 PM3/10/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to set the port parameters like that with the old node, or only with the new one?
Because in my article I said to edit the file if such a problem occurred, because that's how I fixed it. Good to know there is a proper way to do it!  :)

Oh well...
Boris.