Another uM board

jgeidl

Mar 1, 2013, 7:37:05 PM3/1/13
to HomeBrew Robotics Club
This came in today's email and I thought some of you might be
interested.

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11712

Jim, K6JMG

Wayne C. Gramlich

Mar 1, 2013, 7:59:36 PM3/1/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com, Wayne C. Gramlich
Jim:

Interesting.

I must confess that I wonder why everybody calls their board
a "*Duino" when you can't plug shields into them and you
can't use Arduino IDE. None-the-less, it looks like a
pretty credible board.

Regards,

-Wayne

Bill Weiler

Mar 1, 2013, 8:38:28 PM3/1/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
My 2 cents which might be controversial. Their website doesn't show any bio information and the only clue as to who made it is a line on their website that says "powered by Cutedigi". This is not like Raspberry Pi where the story was huge part of it. Is the creator a kindred fellow hacker? Their board is great but it seems kind of lame without any explanation or background. Where's the dream?

Bill W.

claire delaunay

Mar 1, 2013, 8:05:50 PM3/1/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
They say in the description that you can use the "the vast, existing catalog of Arduino Shields".  ?
Do you think it's not possible ?

Wayne C. Gramlich

Mar 1, 2013, 9:27:15 PM3/1/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com, Wayne C. Gramlich
Claire:

I'm just looking at the User Manual and the GPIO pins are
not layed out with the standard shield spacing. Also they
use male pins rather than female pins. The mounting holes
look like that have the same strange locations that the
standard Arduino's use.

The User Manual is showing a AllWinner Tech A10 for the
main chip. That is a nice one.

Regards,

-Wayne

On 03/01/2013 05:05 PM, claire delaunay wrote:
> They say in the description that you can use the "the vast, existing
> catalog of Arduino Shields". ?
> Do you think it's not possible ?
>

> 2013/3/1 Wayne C. Gramlich <wayne.gra...@gmail.com
> <mailto:wayne.gra...@gmail.com>>

but...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2013, 9:28:00 PM3/1/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Me too!

Sent from my HTC Inspire™ 4G on AT&T

On 03/01/2013 04:37 PM, jgeidl wrote:
> This came in today's email and I thought some of you might be
> interested.
>
> https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11712
>
> Jim, K6JMG

claire delaunay

Mar 1, 2013, 9:38:31 PM3/1/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com

Too bad then, I was planning on buying one to teach myself Arduino. I guess it will be a lost of time then,

Thanks!

Claire

Sent from my droid

On Mar 1, 2013 6:27 PM, "Wayne C. Gramlich" <wayne.gra...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Wayne C. Gramlich

Mar 1, 2013, 10:10:53 PM3/1/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com, Wayne C. Gramlich
Claire:

Either by the real thing, or a reasonable clone. We are
using the SainSmart clone for the HBRC 2013 club bot class.

http://www.sainsmart.com/arduino-compatibles/sainsmart-uno-atmega328p-pu-atmega8u2-microcontroller-for-arduino.html

DIPMicro has a pretty good one as well:

http://www.dipmicro.com/store/BTE-RCB2011

I have not actually used one of DIP Micro ones tho'.

Regards,

-Wayne

claire delaunay