need help with web site

Brian Higgins

Apr 2, 2013, 1:17:38 AM4/2/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com

Need help!

I need assistance in moving my website from the old web server to Go Daddy.
My web designer is disabled and can no longer work on his computer. It
needs to updated at the same time. If you would like to earn some extra
money let me know.

Brian Higgins
Intellisight.org
Autonomous Travel for the Blind
650-906-9412

Nathaniel Lewis

Apr 2, 2013, 2:59:38 AM4/2/13
to hbrobotics
What software does your site use?  Is it just a collection of web pages, or is it something like Drupal or wordpress with database backends etc.?

Nathaniel Lewis
CTO at E1FTW Games
2nd year Undergraduate, Computer Science and Engineering
Project Manager for the Robotics Society at UC Merced
Undergraduate Lab Technician Intern at MESA Labs

anfederman@comcast

Apr 2, 2013, 9:24:58 AM4/2/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Moving a website to GoDaddy is easy, but check out Dreamhost. They give
free websites to not for profits, and support various LAMP stack CMS like
Wordpress or Drupal. As far as moving a straight HTML 4 website to another
host is simply a matter of copying the documents into a tar archive, and
uncompressing the archive at the new site. You also need to get the domain
name changed, even if your name is hosted by GoDaddy, you don't need to host
the site there as well.

Also - what about your disabled friend? Any way to help him?