Sourcing (China)

K Mulroe

May 6, 2013, 8:52:08 PM5/6/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com

Anyone have advice on sourcing fabrics in bulk from China/Asia etc?  Advice on reliability and turn around?

I'm past the prototyping phase of this project I'm rambling through with my brother, and I need fabrics for the exterior of this...thing.
(heavy duty polyester canvases, recycled materials...mostly seen on tenting, outdoors/military materials).

Any thoughts/websites/books on wholesale sourcing of textiles would be great.

Cheers!

(I'm a relatively new home brewer...just about finished the club robot 2013 this weekend!

Bill Weiler

May 7, 2013, 1:30:13 AM5/7/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
One guy recommended Alibaba to me. I checked it out but they were selling factory sized orders ($5k) of the thing I wanted. I look thoroughly at a companies website before I buy anything and base it on how professional and complete the website is.

For the Lipos I wanted I emailed a Chinese company but, again, the lot I wanted was too small. I found their US distributor and he is going to get me the order. You can save huge if you buy quantity, but then it can be slow recoup.

Bill W.

Bill