Robosoccer Robots

Sai Vaddi

May 16, 2013, 8:36:28 PM5/16/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows a vendor from whom I can purchase
Robosoccer robots. Those cube shaped robots that can remotely controlled
using wireless communications.

Please let me know if you have any info.

Thanks,
Sai Vaddi

Bill Weiler

May 16, 2013, 9:07:31 PM5/16/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Sai,
        I think those robots are almost always custom. I had the same problem when I wanted to do Nanosumo. I searched the web for kits and only found one seller, and then the website said "coming soon". I waited 2 months and finally gave up and made my own.

Bill W.

Yue Gmail

May 17, 2013, 1:40:01 AM5/17/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Could anyone confirm the date for the gathering this month on Google campus? Is it next Wed?

Thanks,

Bill

Tim Craig

May 17, 2013, 2:22:02 AM5/17/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
It's the 29th, last Wednesday of the month. The SIG is next Wednesday,
the 22nd, at Hacker Dojo.

Tim

Ted Larson

May 17, 2013, 2:45:35 AM5/17/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

It is always the last Wednesday of the month....in this case it is in 2
weeks (29th). However, if you want robots next week, there is a smaller
gathering of builders, the SIG, which meets next week on the 22nd, at the
Hacker Dojo. Check the website for details: http://www.hbrobotics.org

-Ted

Yue Gmail

May 17, 2013, 2:51:44 AM5/17/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Tim!

Yue Gmail

May 17, 2013, 2:56:28 AM5/17/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Ted,

Thanks for the information. I'll try to join on 22nd if get off work early.

Bill