IR Shield

Bill Weiler

May 20, 2013, 1:09:11 AM5/20/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
I have a pulsed (38kHz) IR Led that is a 603 size with 2 targets on either side. The pulsed IR triggers the targets, so I put a bead I got a Michaels over the LED with sticky spray. The problem is the bead must rise up slightly and somehow the light escapes underneath the bead and triggers the target. If I press it back down that fixes it, but not for long. Is there a way to get the bead to stick to the soldermask so light doesn't leak out? I thought about Permatex black silicone sealer, but I would have to be super careful not to get any on the face of the led and wonder if it is too viscous to apply the small amount I would need. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Bill W.

Joe Landau

May 20, 2013, 1:32:27 AM5/20/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
I can't form a picture of the problem, and am not familiar with the parts. But could one not make up (machine) some sort of applicator?