Attention: HBRC @ Maker Faire!

Camp Peavy

Apr 28, 2013, 12:21:55 AM4/28/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hello folks,
We finally got accepted into Maker Faire http://makerfaire.com/ but they didn't give us the number of passes requested so here’s what we’re going to do… reply to this email IF you will be available both days of Maker Faire (May 18 & 19) AND have at least one HomeBrewed Robot AND will make yourself available for booth duty for at least 3 hours per day. If you are not interested in Maker Faire chatter please avoid the “Maker Faire” subject header. After gauging interest I will inquire about more passes (if necessary). I realize there are some family teams in which case the best thing to do is have more than one homebrewed robot but if that’s not an option perhaps we can get additional passes; again, I need to gauge interest before requesting more passes. Please reply quickly as this event is only a few short weeks away.

Thanks,
Camp

Camp Peavy

Apr 28, 2013, 1:42:25 AM4/28/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I'm starting to get some emails... please include your name and the name of your robot.

Thanks,
Camp

John Carlini

Apr 28, 2013, 11:01:51 AM4/28/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
we plan to take zybote and chareline to maker fair

John Carlini

Apr 28, 2013, 11:03:16 AM4/28/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
we wll be there both days with zybote and charlene at maker fair

Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 10:42 PM

robot...@yahoo.com

Apr 28, 2013, 11:35:43 AM4/28/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com, hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Camp,
I will be going both days with Charlene.

John Erickson

Sent from my iPhone

Camp Peavy

Apr 30, 2013, 2:51:03 AM4/30/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Okay... we have 5 participants* which is coincidentally the number of passes Maker Faire allocated; I realize some of you are going solo or with other groups but once again if you want to go to Maker Faire http://makerfaire.com/ with the HBRC let me know NOW! The requirements are that you bring 1 HomeBrewed Robot, plan on being there both days and commit to at least 3 hours booth duty per day. I understand there are some family teams which might require more than 1 pass so if this is the case let me know and I'll be glad to ask for more passes; no guarantees but best to ask ASAP... otherwise if there are no more participants I guess we'll have all the fun. :-P

Thanks,
Camp

*
Camp Peavy - Springy, etc.
Rohan Agrawal - ARMed Goldibot
Vivek Agrawal - ViBot
John Erickson - Charlene
John Carlini - ZyBot

Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 10:42 PM
Subject: Re: [HBRobotics] Attention: HBRC @ Maker Faire!

Nathaniel Lewis

Apr 30, 2013, 4:52:49 AM4/30/13
to hbrobotics
I'm guessing by homebrewed you mean something we built ourselves.  I'll be available both of those days and I'll bring Kybernetes and Beaglebot along.

G. Kudryavtseva(2)

Apr 30, 2013, 9:19:32 PM4/30/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
I can be there the whole day (and I am willing to spend a long time on duty) on Saturday (not Sunday, ufourtunately) and bring Fez Alpha, the Neato and maybe a tablebot.
I hope I'm fast enough!

Boris.

Camp Peavy

May 2, 2013, 7:40:42 PM5/2/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Attention HomeBrewers...  Last Call!
We have been allocated 5 Maker Faire Passes and currently have 13 requests*... I'm about to ask for additional passes... so if you do not see your name on the list below and expect to attend Maker Faire with the HBRC reply to this email Immediately with your name and the name of your HomeBrewed robot... hopefully we can get everybody in.

Thanks,
Camp

* Camp Peavy - Springy, etc.
Rohan Agrawal - ARMed Goldibot
Vivek Agrawal - ViBot
John Erickson - Charlene
John Carlini - Xibot
Alan Federman - GoPHR
Nathanial Lewis - Kybernetes
Steve Okay - MockTurtleBot
Boris Kudryavtseva - Fez
Sidharth Rajaram- Sarge
Raj Rajaram - Sarge
Ted Larson - LineFollower1
Erika Larson - LineFollower2

Camp Peavy

May 7, 2013, 12:48:19 PM5/7/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Good news everyone... we have our 13 passes... so HBRC at Maker Faire is a go! I'll be sending emails to the below mentioned participants with pass codes and some form of schedule / sign up sheet. In the meantime... charge your batteries, fix the bugs and make your 'bot(s) better! We're going to Maker Faire! http://makerfaire.com/

Nathaniel Lewis

May 7, 2013, 12:57:38 PM5/7/13
to hbrobotics
Awesome!

Camp Peavy

May 9, 2013, 1:15:31 PM5/9/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
> ... anyone else?

Oops, meant to post this to the list. Really, really last call.

- Camp

May 13, 2013, 1:45:51 AM5/13/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
I have sent out the Pass Codes! If you plan on going to Maker Faire with the HBRC this weekend http://makerfaire.com/ you need to have volunteered at least a week ago and you should have your pass code now... if you have not received your pass code please let me know ASAP. Otherwise... see you at the Faire!

Thanks,