Graphics for groovy rviz.

anfederman@comcast

Apr 18, 2013, 11:25:41 PM4/18/13
to Austin Hendrix, hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Austin,

    My laptop crashed hard and I rebuilt everything from scratch.  I am running Ubuntu 11.10 on an amd-64 with an old nvidia card.  I installed nvidia_current,  and the latest ogre (1.7.3?)   I am running groovy. Rviz sometimes comes up with a grid,  but mostly just a blank white screen that then kills the desktop when I exit.  Another clue is rviz complains about not finding something in the GTK when It starts. It flashes the start up picture and then goes into whiteout mode.  I tried the various fixes in ros answers without success.

I know you did something to load an alternate set of graphic drivers to get this working last month,  but since I lost the history file,  I can't recall what you ran to fix the drivers.

     Thanks.

PS = some good news is the new XV-11 LDS is giving reading out to 4 meters.