raspberry PI

Brian Higgins

Jun 8, 2013, 4:20:07 PM6/8/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com

Raspberry PI Linux code

I managed to get into Linux code to change keyboard layout from GB  to   US.  But didn’t know how to save the changes to the settings

Does anyone know the code to “save” changes in Linux Raspberry PI ?

Brian Higgins

650-906-9412

Brandon Blodget

Jun 8, 2013, 6:39:19 PM6/8/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

I'm not sure why it is not "saving" the changes but this page has a good discussion on how the change your keyboard layout:

Two suggestions from this page are to try from the command line:

> sudo raspi-config

or

> sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

Hope this helps,

-Brandon

anfederman@comcast

Jun 9, 2013, 3:42:06 PM6/9/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
There is a raspi-config  script that controls a number of things,  including keyboard, language, ssh, etc.  It is run by default the first time you boot.  You can run it manually  by typing in ./raspi-config   I think.  This is if you are running the default 'raspi' linux.  If you are using ARC or some other variant, it depends.  If the default was GB,  I suspect you are running Raspian.

Brian Higgins

Jun 9, 2013, 10:19:55 PM6/9/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com

This correct I am running Rasbian  GNU Nano 2.2.6.  I have tried all of the suggestions and have changed the config in the GUI config window and in the  sudo nano default keyboard code.  Changed it to GB but couldn’t save it.  Still is GB.  I will Goggling and keep trying to change to US keyboard.