Running neato on ROS

anfederman@comcast

Feb 20, 2013, 1:33:50 PM2/20/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
I got my Neato XV-11  talking to ROS via Fergy's ROS node(fuerte),  but when I start-up RVIZ  I get no data back.  Does anyone have a good neato.vcg  or can tell me how to set up RVIZ?   I am getting a no fixed frame error,  and a warning about no data on the laser scan.  I thnik Camp ran into these issues a while back.

When I start the neato node, the LDS does start to spin,  and when I kill the node it stops.  Also I am getting valid data when I do a test mode  getldsscan directly into the XV-11 main board.

I'd love to be at the sig tonight, but it's my 25th Wedding Anniversary.

I also have Pi Robot's ros_arduino_serial_bridge working after upgrading from electric to fuerte.

I hope all of you who go to sig have time to check out the great progess David and the Ubiquity_Robotics group is making. Hercules was running 'tight' last evening.

KM6VV

Feb 20, 2013, 2:09:54 PM2/20/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan F,

ros_arduino_bridge working on Fuerte? What happened on Electric? I
really don't want to update to Fuerte right now, it would probably set
me back 6 months.

Any ROS classes available? I have some time. My ROS studies aren't
going as well as I'd like.

Alan KM6VV

Camp Peavy

Feb 20, 2013, 3:05:39 PM2/20/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Have you added the laser scan topic in RVIZ and subscribed to the narrow scan laser option.*

- Camp

* wording might not be exact... relying on memory.

anfederman@comcast

Feb 20, 2013, 7:47:23 PM2/20/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
I had it working on electric first. Just follow Patrick's wiki
instructions.

Feb 21, 2013, 1:27:28 AM2/21/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
correct, weird but it works.

Feb 21, 2013, 9:07:55 PM2/21/13
to hbrob...@googlegroups.com
Got it to work on both a Mega(the Google ADK) and a Freedino(Kit that they
make at Techshop).