IMPORTANT NOTICE: Hawkboard problems

Syed Mohammed, Khasim

Nov 5, 2010, 3:17:57 PM11/5/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

There is a problem with many HawkBoards shipped from July through
October 2010 by Farnell, Special Computing, IDA and Innovate Software
Solutions. These boards are unable to boot Linux® operating system.
Others who have boards that don't fall under this period can continue
your development.

Initially I thought it was a timing issue and could be corrected in
software, but after going through the mails and personally testing the
boards I feel it is not getting fixed easily.

HawkBoard.org and TI are investigating the situation in more detail
and will work with you to ensure all faulty boards are fixed. We will
post periodic updates on this mailing list as we work to resolve the
issue. The boards are yet to reach the engineers who will investigate
the problems, I personally got hold of a board this week.

I know lot of us are working on products with hard time lines and many
have lost patience and are trying other options, it is quite hard to
digest this after all the efforts from hawkboard community to make
this product a success.

We have many volunteers who have come forward to help us in getting a
possible fix, we also have experts from TI looking at this problem,
please do share your expert thoughts and please stay tuned for a
while.

Thank you for your understanding,

Regards,
Khasim

Shailesh NAYAK

Nov 6, 2010, 3:01:18 PM11/6/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
    If anybody facing same problem of Hawkboard Hanging in Mumbai or surrounding, They can show their Hawkboard h/w to me for investigation. I will try my 16 years H/w experience to solve the same issue.
You can call me on +919833916981(Mumbai).
Best Regards

Shailesh S. NAYAK

Syed Mohammed, Khasim

Nov 7, 2010, 10:56:19 AM11/7/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Please keep this thread for my communications on the solutions to the
problems. Lets discuss the specifics of problems on other threads.

This helps hawkboard users to watch this single thread for latest commitments

While our investigations are on, I would like to prepare for
alternatives and want you to move forward

Can you please help me understand your priority with hawkboards,

1. No. of hawkboards you have
2. Purchased from (Disty name)
3. Do you have a working version to continue
4. What you want to use hawkboard for (prototype, learning, product, etc)
5. Do you have an alternate platform to try out (Beagle, Leopard, ...)

Please put this in any way you want on this wiki,
http://elinux.org/Hawkboard_problem

I will put them into appropriate table format later. Please take this
as a priority item.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Khasim

jassi

Nov 7, 2010, 11:21:02 PM11/7/10
to hawkboard
On Nov 7, 8:56 pm, "Syed Mohammed, Khasim " <sm.kha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Please keep this thread for my communications on the solutions to the
> problems. Lets discuss the specifics of problems on other threads.

FWIW, 'Starting kernel' problem seems to abate if I-Cache and D-Cache
is disabled in kernel config. Not to mean that the problem is not h/w
related.

Syed Mohammed, Khasim

Nov 11, 2010, 8:15:24 PM11/11/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
HAWKBOARD TEST RESULTS

Board # 1 U-boot came up initially and can tftp kernel, but sometimes
u-boot hangs
Board # 2 U-boot also came up but cannot tftp initially

Test results at TI so far are attached, looks like a long way to go...
just an update.

Regards,
Khasim

HawkTest.JPG

Aaron Pan

Nov 11, 2010, 8:48:48 PM11/11/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
I want to know is there a recall plan for us?
It seems it can not be resolved in a short time, and I can not continue my work with this board!

Best Regards
Aaron Pan