DVSDK for OMAPL138/ Hawk

Radha

Apr 12, 2010, 10:38:52 PM4/12/10
to hawkboard
Hi,

Is there a publicly available DVSDK for Hawk/ OMAPL138?

Regards,
Radha.

Harishkumar V

Apr 13, 2010, 1:47:25 AM4/13/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08 is the latest stable revision

Thanks and Regards,
Harish Kumar. V

Syed Mohammed, Khasim

Apr 13, 2010, 9:07:33 AM4/13/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
We don't have hawkboard support in DVSDK, I can give you a patch that
can do this. Let me validate and get back.

Regards,
Khasim

Harishkumar V

Apr 13, 2010, 11:34:21 PM4/13/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Khasim sir,

I downloaded OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08 from the link,

http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/omap_l138/1_00/latest/index_FDS.html

Any difference exists in this, because i am little bit confused, i have built the sdk and loaded dsplinkk.ko and cmem.ko and checked gpp-dsp loopback examples and codec engine examples from the sdk.

I am are not supposed to use this OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08 sdk or i am missing anything...

please correct me if i am wrong...

Syed Mohammed, Khasim

Apr 14, 2010, 7:49:55 AM4/14/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
How did you compile kernel and u-boot, which default configs you used.
What I meant was that there was no default configs and board files in
kernel/u-boot (present in DVSDK) for hawkboard.

The other DSP components should work as is, no issues in that.

Regards,
Khasim

Harishkumar V

Apr 14, 2010, 10:20:38 AM4/14/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
khasim sir,

instead of using kernel and uboot from sdk, i used linux-omapl1 and u-boot from hawkboard download page.

Syed Mohammed, Khasim

Apr 14, 2010, 11:14:23 AM4/14/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
That should be good combination.

Can you please document these on some wiki ?

Thanks for the support.

Regards,
Khasim

Harishkumar V

Apr 15, 2010, 2:42:38 AM4/15/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Khasim sir,

thanks......

defintely, i need to prepare the clean steps in readme and check it , where it should be added.

Syed Mohammed, Khasim

Apr 15, 2010, 2:44:35 AM4/15/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Use elinux/hawkboard/<some name>

When you have the text ready, just get in touch with me or any one on
the list, we should be able to help you in getting the content on
wiki.

Regards,
Khasim

Harish

Apr 15, 2010, 3:27:58 AM4/15/10
to hawkboard
Hi khasim,

Is mpeg4dec and jpegdec working on the latest version of the angstrom
root file system with uImage-2.6.32-rc6 kernel for hawkboard.

Any insights will be of great help.

Regards
harish

On Apr 15, 11:44 am, "Syed Mohammed, Khasim " <sm.kha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Use elinux/hawkboard/<some name>
>
> When you have the text ready, just get in touch with me or any one on
> the list, we should be able to help you in getting the content on
> wiki.
>
> Regards,
> Khasim
>

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Harishkumar V <harishpres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Khasim sir,
>
> > thanks......
>
> > defintely, i need to prepare the clean steps in readme and check it , where
> > it should be added.
>

> > On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Syed Mohammed, Khasim <sm.kha...@gmail.com>

> > wrote:
>
> >> That should be good combination.
>
> >> Can you please document these on some wiki ?
>
> >> Thanks for the support.
>
> >> Regards,
> >> Khasim

Sweta sharma

Apr 26, 2010, 3:45:08 PM4/26/10
to hawkboard
Hi Harish,
Can you document or describe the process of using DSP link
that would be great help.I need to make use DSP .

~Sweta~

On Apr 15, 11:42 am, Harishkumar V <harishpres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Khasim sir,
>
> thanks......
>
> defintely, i need to prepare the clean steps in readme and check it , where
> it should be added.
>
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Syed Mohammed, Khasim
> <sm.kha...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > That should be good combination.
>
> > Can you please document these on some wiki ?
>
> > Thanks for the support.
>
> > Regards,
> > Khasim
>
> > On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 7:50 PM, Harishkumar V <harishpres...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > khasim sir,
>
> > > instead of using kernel and uboot from sdk, i used linux-omapl1 and
> > u-boot
> > > from hawkboard download page.
>
> > > On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:19 PM, Syed Mohammed, Khasim <
> > sm.kha...@gmail.com>

> >http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/om...

> > have

Guillaume Sanahuja

Apr 26, 2010, 4:15:04 PM4/26/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sweta,

I have begun an how to on how to obtain a complete chain to develop
with DSP. This is a beginning (I have to improve it), if you do not
have dsplink working, you can check the tutorial here:
http://as.tech.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_setup_a_development_environment_for_OMAP3530

it is based on an OMAP3530 board, but things are similar for the hawkboard.
Tutorial for the hawkboard is here:
http://as.tech.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Cr%C3%A9er_un_environnement_de_d%C3%A9veloppement_pour_l%27OMAPL138

But it is still in French; I have to translate it.
To go further, you can have a look at pixhawk's web site. There is a
lot of things about DSPLINK.

Hope that helps.

regards,
Guillaume.

Harishkumar V

Apr 27, 2010, 2:05:36 AM4/27/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Building_The_OMAP-L137_SDK

Steps for building omapl138 sdk for hawkboard.

Please correct me, if i am wrong in any place.

1) follow the instructions as given in the below link for setting rules.make.

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Building_The_OMAP-L137_SDK

2) in the rules.make, replace LINUXKERNEL_INSTALL_DIR with

LINUXKERNEL_INSTALL_DIR  = $(PATH)/linux-omapl1

3) in the makefile, replace LINUXKERNEL_CONFIG with

LINUXKERNEL_CONFIG=omapl138_
hawkboard_defconfig

4) make check / make info (as given in above link)

5) make help

6) make everything (compile evrything)

in the board,  (for testing)

1) setenv bootargs "mem=80M console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/ram0 rw initrd=0xc1180000,4M"  (replace 128M with 80M)

2) load the newly built uimage

3) insmod dsplinkk.ko

4) insmod cmemk.ko phys_start=0xC6000000 phys_end=0xC6C00000 pools=20x4096,10x131072,
2x1048576 (reference took from ./codec_engine_2_25_00_05/examples/apps/system_files/OMAPL137/loadmodules.sh)

5) load the gpp-dsp examples from the sdk.

Harishkumar V

Apr 27, 2010, 2:13:43 AM4/27/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Sweta,

As Guillaume mentioned, the manual configuration

perl dsplinkcfg.pl --platform=OMAPL138 --nodsp=1 --dspcfg_0=OMAPL138GEMSHMEM --dspos_0=DSPBIOS5XX --gppos=ARM --comps=PONSLRMC

is done automatically by "make everything".

Sweta sharma

Apr 27, 2010, 1:57:53 PM4/27/10
to hawkboard
Thanks,All

I am stuck at the editing of Rules.mk itself

What software i need to download
i have downloaded Following
1.linux-omapl1_ver1.tar.bz2
2.arm-2009q3-67-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2
3.OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08.tar.gz
4.ti_cgt_c6000_6.1.12_setup_linux_x86.bin

All installed or extracted to appropriate location .
but Rules.mk in OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08 has two parameter that
is causing trouble

BIOS_INSTALL_DIR =
XDC_INSTALL_DIR =

plus some more..

>>>Output of "make check"
Checking that components in Rules.make are found:
WARNING: /home/sweta/dsp/OMAP_L138_amr_1_00_00_08//packages doesn't
exist, check your Rules.make..
WARNING: /home/sweta/dsp/OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08//packages doesn't
exist, check your Rules.make..
WARNING: /home/sweta/dsp/OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08/cs1omapl138_1_00_00/
packages doesn't exist, check your Rules.make..
WARNING: /docs doesn't exist, check your Rules.make..
Done checking! If no warning messages above, all components are
found..

>>output of make info
Checking that components in Rules.make are found:
WARNING: /home/sweta/dsp/OMAP_L138_amr_1_00_00_08//packages doesn't
exist, check your Rules.make..
WARNING: /home/sweta/dsp/OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08//packages doesn't
exist, check your Rules.make..
WARNING: /home/sweta/dsp/OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08/cs1omapl138_1_00_00/
packages doesn't exist, check your Rules.make..
WARNING: /docs doesn't exist, check your Rules.make..
Done checking! If no warning messages above, all components are
found..
Listing information about the DVSDK components:

Fatal!: XDC tools not found in /home/sweta/dsp/
OMAP_L138_amr_1_00_00_08/, check Rules.make..
Aborting!

From where to download XDC Tools,and DSP BIOS..

Thanks,
~Sweta~

On Apr 27, 11:13 am, Harishkumar V <harishpres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sweta,
>
> As Guillaume mentioned, the manual configuration
>
> perl dsplinkcfg.pl --platform=OMAPL138 --nodsp=1
> --dspcfg_0=OMAPL138GEMSHMEM --dspos_0=DSPBIOS5XX --gppos=ARM
> --comps=PONSLRMC
>
> is done automatically by "make everything".
>
> I am using OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08 from the link,
>
> http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/om...
> >>http://as.tech.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_setup_a_developmen...
>
> >> it is based on an OMAP3530 board, but things are similar for the
> >> hawkboard.
> >> Tutorial for the hawkboard is here:
>
> >>http://as.tech.free.fr/wiki/index.php?title=Cr%C3%A9er_un_environneme...
>
> >> But it is still in French; I have to translate it.
> >> To go further, you can have a look at pixhawk's web site. There is a
> >> lot of things about DSPLINK.
>
> >> Hope that helps.
>
> >> regards,
> >> Guillaume.

Sweta sharma

Apr 27, 2010, 10:17:17 PM4/27/10
to hawkboard
I found these tools on same page (http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/
dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/omap_l138/1_00/latest/
index_FDS.html)

xdctools_setuplinux_3_16_01_27.bin
cs1omapl138_1_00_00-v2_setup_linux.bin
bios_setuplinux_5_41_02_14.bin

Now have doubt do i need to flash uboot also
or preloaded Uboot will do..

Guillaume Sanahuja

Apr 28, 2010, 2:37:55 AM4/28/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sweta,

The main download page is:
http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/index.html

You will find the last versions of each software (the versions you
downloaded are not the last ones).

I don't think you need to change your uboot. You should try with the
version you have first.

Regards,
Guillaume.

Harishkumar V

Apr 28, 2010, 2:47:19 AM4/28/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Sweta,

u do not need to change uboot, u can try with the one which u are using.

Sweta sharma

Apr 28, 2010, 2:51:54 AM4/28/10
to hawkboard
Thanks Guillaume ,
I will download latest one and try again
Meanwhile i have managed to get compile all things mentioned on the
link..

It didnt created uImage instead zImage so i installed
uboot-mkimage tool using "apt-get install uboot-mkimage"
and converted it to
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a c0008000 -e c0008000 -n
LinuxDSP -d zImage uImage

It perfectly booted but KERNEL PANIC at mounting rootfs
RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0.
List of all partitions:
1f00 128 mtdblock0 (driver?)
1f01 128 mtdblock1 (driver?)
1f02 512 mtdblock2 (driver?)
1f03 2048 mtdblock3 (driver?)
1f04 126976 mtdblock4 (driver?)
No filesystem could mount root, tried: ext3 ext2 cramfs vfat msdos
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-
block(1,0)

I used bootargs as mentioned by Harish,

Setenv bootargs "mem=80M console=ttyS2,115200n8 root=/dev/ram0 rw
initrd=0xc1180000,4M"

Issue its not finding rootfs..where i can find that. can i use another
rootfs..
Also how do i insert dsplinkk.ko & cmemk.ko when they are not present
in rootfs
i have to copy that too rootfs right ?

-Sweta

On Apr 28, 11:37 am, Guillaume Sanahuja <guillaume.sanah...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi Sweta,
>
> The main download page is:http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/in...
>
> You will find the last versions of each software (the versions you
> downloaded are not the last ones).
>
> I don't think you need to change your uboot. You should try with the
> version you have first.
>
> Regards,
> Guillaume.

Sweta sharma

Apr 28, 2010, 2:54:51 AM4/28/10
to hawkboard
Thanks Harish,
I tried with Old Uboot only ,But problem with Bootargs,
Please read my previous post.

~Sweta~

On Apr 28, 11:47 am, Harishkumar V <harishpres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sweta,
>
> u do not need to change uboot, u can try with the one which u are using.
>
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Guillaume Sanahuja <
>

> guillaume.sanah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Sweta,
>
> > The main download page is:
>
> >http://software-dl.ti.com/dsps/dsps_public_sw/sdo_sb/targetcontent/in...
>
> > You will find the last versions of each software (the versions you
> > downloaded are not the last ones).
>
> > I don't think you need to change your uboot. You should try with the
> > version you have first.
>
> > Regards,
> > Guillaume.

> read more »

Harishkumar V

Apr 28, 2010, 2:57:43 AM4/28/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Sweta,

u need to have ramdisk rootfs filesys.

the booatrgs is for ramdisk.

u can use any bootable media, like NFS, usb drive, sata as mentioned in hawkboard wiki.

Sweta sharma

Apr 28, 2010, 3:03:13 AM4/28/10
to hawkboard
Thanks A lot Harish,
So if i use rootfs using NFS will i need to copy dsplinkk.ko &
cmemk.ko
or they are embedded inside uImage.
If they need to be copied where they should be placed.?
Also can you suggest one simple example that i could try .How to
compile them
same way a normal cross compile app or needs something else?

Sorry for lots of questions.

~Sweta!

On Apr 28, 11:57 am, Harishkumar V <harishpres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sweta,
>
> u need to have ramdisk rootfs filesys.
>
> the booatrgs is for ramdisk.
>
> u can use any bootable media, like NFS, usb drive, sata as mentioned in
> hawkboard wiki.

> read more »

Harishkumar V

Apr 28, 2010, 3:06:37 AM4/28/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
Sweta,

Were u able to build the SDK.

if u are using SDK, after succesfull compilation using "make everything".

"make install " will install the modules and dsp binary into install folder into the sdk.

u can copy the modules into your NFS_ROOT/lib/modules/

then, insmod NFS_ROOT/lib/modules/dsplinkk.ko

Harishkumar V

Apr 28, 2010, 3:07:22 AM4/28/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
its compiled as module, not part of uImage.

Sweta sharma

Apr 28, 2010, 3:25:49 AM4/28/10
to hawkboard
Hi Harish,
I was able make sdk using make everthing.
But when i use make install its says

/bin/sh: cannot open SDK_INSTALL_DIR: No such file
make: *** [check] Error 2

Similar to described here http://e2e.ti.com/support/embedded/f/354/t/37570.aspx
only difference it here its error in make check while mine work fine
in make check and make info..

i have check SDK_INSTALL_DIR its correct on first place otherwise it
wont had give make check error. or it wont
had compiled my sdk.

~Sweta

On Apr 28, 12:07 pm, Harishkumar V <harishpres...@gmail.com> wrote:
> its compiled as module, not part of uImage.
>
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 12:36 PM, Harishkumar V <harishpres...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Sweta,
>
> > Were u able to build the SDK.
>
> > if u are using SDK, after succesfull compilation using "make everything".
>
> > "make install " will install the modules and dsp binary into install folder
> > into the sdk.
>
> > u can copy the modules into your NFS_ROOT/lib/modules/
>
> > then, insmod NFS_ROOT/lib/modules/dsplinkk.ko
>
> > On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Harishkumar V <harishpres...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Sweta,
>
> >> u need to have ramdisk rootfs filesys.
>
> >> the booatrgs is for ramdisk.
>
> >> u can use any bootable media, like NFS, usb drive, sata as mentioned in
> >> hawkboard wiki.

> read more »

Harishkumar V

Apr 28, 2010, 3:28:54 AM4/28/10
to hawk...@googlegroups.com
SDK_INSTALL_DIR         = $(PATH)/OMAP_L138_arm_1_00_00_08

Sweta sharma

Apr 28, 2010, 3:30:49 AM4/28/10
to hawkboard
make install worked..
Rules.Mk had
EXEC_DIR = $<SDK_INSTALL_DIR>/install
Rather it should be
EXEC_DIR = $(SDK_INSTALL_DIR)/install

i.e instead of <> this ()

Thanks again for the Help.

~Sweta

On Apr 28, 12:25 pm, Sweta sharma <swetashar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Harish,
> I was able make sdk using make everthing.
> But when i use make install its says
>
> /bin/sh: cannot open SDK_INSTALL_DIR: No such file
> make: *** [check] Error 2
>
> Similar to described herehttp://e2e.ti.com/support/embedded/f/354/t/37570.aspx
>
> read more »

Sweta sharma